We (the folks at 1thrasher) run a service called WorkInMinistry.com and would love for you to use it. Our service is designed to give you as much control and ownership over what goes on your site as possible and encourage you to express yourself freely. However, be responsible in what you publish. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items listed below appear on your site or get linked to from your site (things like spam, viruses, or hate content).
If you find a WorkInMinistry.com account or listing that you believe violates our terms of service, please contact us.
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using our Services. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access our Services or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by 1thrasher, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
Our Services are not directed to children. Access to and use of our Services is only for those over the age of 13 (or 16 in the European Union). If you are younger than this, you may not register for or use our Services. Any person who registers as a user or provides their personal information to our Services represents that they are 13 years of age or older (16 years or older in the European Union).
Use of our Services requires a WorkInMinistry.com account. You agree to provide us with complete and accurate information when you register for an account. You will be solely responsible and liable for any activity that occurs under your username. You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
Your WorkInMinistry.com Account and Site. If you create an account on our Services, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the blog. You must not describe or assign keywords to your account in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and 1thrasher may change or remove any account, description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause 1thrasher liability. You must immediately notify 1thrasher of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. 1thrasher will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate an account, post material to our Services, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of our Services (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your account is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your blog is not presented in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by 1thrasher or otherwise. By submitting Content to 1thrasher for inclusion on your Website, you grant 1thrasher a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your account. This license allows 1thrasher to make publicly-posted content available to third parties selected by 1thrasher so that these third parties can analyze and distribute (but not publicly display) your content through their services.
You also give other WorkInMinistry.com users and non-users permission to search and share your publicly available Content on other WorkInMinistry.com sites and add their own Content to it (aka to reblog your Content), so long as they use only a portion of your post and they give you credit as the original author by linking back to your site.
If you delete Content, 1thrasher will use reasonable efforts to remove it from our Services, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable. Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, 1thrasher has the right (though not the obligation) to, in 1thrasher’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in 1thrasher’s reasonable opinion, violates any 1thrasher policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of our Services to any individual or entity for any reason, in 1thrasher’s sole discretion. 1thrasher will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
Payment and Renewal.
- General Terms. Paid services are available on our Services (any such services, a "Paid service"). By selecting a Paid service you agree to pay 1thrasher the monthly or annual subscription fees indicated for that service. Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for an Upgrade and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. Paid service fees are not refundable.
- Automatic Renewal. Unless you notify 1thrasher before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel a Paid service, your Paid service subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such Paid service (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Paid services can be canceled at any time in the Account section of your site's dashboard.
- Fees; Payment. By signing up for the WorkInMinistry.com subscription you agree to pay 1thrasher the specified monthly fees in exchange for access to our Services. Applicable fees will be invoiced starting from the day your access is established and in advance of using such services. 1thrasher reserves the right to change the payment terms and fees upon thirty (30) days prior written notice to you. WorkInMinistry.com access can be canceled by you at anytime on 30 days written notice to 1thrasher.
- Restricted Use. You may not use the WorkInMinistry.com Website to substantially replicate products or services offered by 1thrasher, including the republication of WorkInMinistry.com content or the creation of a separate publishing platform. If 1thrasher believes, in its sole discretion, that you have violated or attempted to violate these conditions or the spirit of these terms, your ability to use and access the WorkInMinistry.com Website may be temporarily or permanently revoked, with or without notice.
Responsibility of Website Visitors. 1thrasher has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, posted to our Services, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating our Services, 1thrasher does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Our Services may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. Our Services may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. 1thrasher disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of our Services, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which WorkInMinistry.com links, and that link to WorkInMinistry.com. 1thrasher does not have any control over those non-WorkInMinistry.com websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to an outside website or webpage, 1thrasher does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. 1thrasher disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-WorkInMinistry.com websites and webpages.
Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As 1thrasher asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by WorkInMinistry.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify 1thrasher in accordance with 1thrasher’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") Policy. 1thrasher will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. 1thrasher will terminate a visitor's access to and use of our Services if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of 1thrasher or others. In the case of such termination, 1thrasher will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to 1thrasher.
Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from 1thrasher to you any 1thrasher or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with 1thrasher. 1thrasher, WorkInMinistry.com, the WorkInMinistry.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with WorkInMinistry.com, or our Services are trademarks or registered trademarks of 1thrasher or 1thrasher’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with our Services may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of our Services grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any 1thrasher or third-party trademarks.
Advertisements. 1thrasher reserves the right to display advertisements on your account unless you have purchased a plan that includes the removal of WorkInMinistry.com ads.
Attribution. 1thrasher reserves the right to display attribution links.
Domain Names. If you are registering a domain name, using or transferring a previously registered domain name, you acknowledge and agree that use of the domain name is also subject to the policies of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN"), including their Registration Rights and Responsibilities.
Changes. We are constantly updating our services, and that means sometimes we have to change the legal terms under which our services are offered. If we make changes that are material, we will let you know by posting on WorkInMinistry.com, or by sending you an email or other communication before the changes take effect. The notice will designate a reasonable period of time after which the new Terms will take effect. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using WorkInMinistry.com within the designated notice period. Your continued use of WorkInMinistry.com will be subject to the new Terms. However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the Terms (including the binding individual arbitration clause) that were in place when the dispute arose.
Termination. 1thrasher may terminate your access to all or any part of our Services at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your WorkInMinistry.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using our Services. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Disclaimer of Warranties. Our Services is provided "as is". 1thrasher and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither 1thrasher nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that our Services will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, our Services at your own discretion and risk.
Limitation of Liability. In no event will 1thrasher, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to 1thrasher under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. 1thrasher shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless 1thrasher, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of our Services, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
Translation. These Terms of Service were originally written in English (US). We may translate these Terms into other languages. In the event of a conflict between a translated version of these Terms of Service and the English version, the English version will control.
Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between 1thrasher and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of 1thrasher, or by the posting by 1thrasher of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of our Services will be governed by the laws of the state of Alabama, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service,, LLC (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; 1thrasher may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.