- Youth / Students
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- 5-10 years
- Job Description
The 5th/6thGrade Pastor provides leadership and spiritual shepherding for Cornerstone’s ministry to 5th/6thGrade Students and their families. They create an exciting, fun, challenging and growing ministry that engages all high school students. They should develop vision and infrastructure for this area that is in keeping with the churches ministry strategies and philosophy. They should lead by example, and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. They should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large. They should be a team player and follow the biblical model of sacrifice by being willing to put the needs of others in front of their own. In all of their actions, they should be positive and supportive of the Core Values and the Vision of our church.
Lead Student Ministries Staff
- Enlist, equip, and empower a team of volunteers to own and lead the 5th/6thGrade Ministry and invest in the lives of 5th/6thGrade students
- Manage, invest in, develop, and coach a paid staff team
- Develop Student Leadership within the 5th/6thGrade Ministry in which students are learning to be the church and invest in people around them.
- Develop strategic initiatives to gain access to and earn the right to be heard by students on their ‘turf’
- Develop and execute an annual calendar of events for the 5th/6th Ministry that works in symmetry with the overall Student Ministry.
- Create ongoing large and small group environments, mission trips, retreats, and outreach events.
- Successfully develop and nurture relationships with students, volunteers, parents, church staff and other adults who impact the lives of students.
- Create an environment that attracts 5th/6thGrade Students within Cornerstone as well as outside of the church.
- Serve as the primary Teaching Pastor for the 5th/6thGrade Ministry.
- Communicate the Gospel and biblical principles in a creative and culturally relevant manner to Students
Role Model in Personal Life
- Model the qualifications of an elder (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Model biblical community in his relationships (Matt 5:23-24, Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:25-32).
- Model biblical family life before the body (Eph 5:22-6:4).
- Model biblical integrity in all things (1 Tim 6:11-12).
- Five years experience in fulltime ministry, at least 2 years in a church larger than 1500 members.
- Experience leading a Student Ministry area.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration that has equipped him/her for vocational ministry.
- Must possess these key spiritual gifts: Leadership, Administration and Teaching.
- Must align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship.
- Must be a member of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship who supports the vision and values.
Important skills/personal traits
- Generates new ideas, gives direction and allows others to work the details.
- Socially poised and confident, able to speak to large and small groups.
- Takes on multiple challenges assignments and succeeds.
- Assertive and motivated for successful ministry.