- Business / Office / Administration
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
Job SummaryThe Accounting Administrative Assistant is positioned to assist the Director of Accounting by performing accounting and administrative duties.
Essential Responsibilities & DutiesAdministrative:
- Receive and process phone calls, mail, emails, etc.
- Schedule meetings and maintain Director’s calendar through Microsoft Outlook.
- Attend budget meetings with the Director.
- Assist the Contributor Services/Accounting Clerk with donor support calls.
- General filing and assuring records are organized and in compliance.
- Assist the accounting team with Monday morning count.
- Process donations.
- Assist with proper processing and recording of non-cash gifts.
- Assist the staff accountant with management and maintenance of fixed assets using Fixed Asset Software (FAS)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree with an emphasis in accounting and/or two years of finance related work.
- Experience in creating and maintaining basic excel spreadsheets is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Desire and ability to work with basic accounting procedures and budgets.
- Knowledge of general office methods and procedures (filing, telephone, office equipment).
- Knowledge of English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Strong computer skills for administration, particularly Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both orally and in writing.
- Discernment and initiative with problem solving, coordination, and confidentiality in all matters.
- Office organization skills.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
Code of Conduct & CharacterJames River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to MinistryBy submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.