- Business / Office / Administration
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, MARRIAGE AND FAMILY MINISTRIES
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Marriage Ministry, Parenting Ministry, Counseling, and General Pastoral Responsibilities. This individual must have proven verbal and written skills and be able to serve as primary contact for the ministry, both by phone and email account. The Administrative Assistant must show impeccable attention to detail while multitasking daily and work to assure that all areas of the ministry are of the highest quality possible and consistent with the mission and vision of The Woodlands Methodist Church.
- Presence on Tuesday nights for Re|Engage, plus coordination of various aspects related to the program logistics
- Coordinate planning and registrations for Re | engage, Marriage and Parenting programs, Foundations for Marriage, Small Groups, Marriage Adventures and Retreats, and MAP Conference
- Book rooms, worship music, media and nursery for programming
- Create social media posts and creative campaigns for programing and events
- Volunteer recruitment for all service opportunities within marriage and family events
- Communicate with leadership, group/class leaders and classes throughout programming
- Coordinating pastoral counseling appointments with the Pastor of Marriage and Family and/or referrals to approved therapists
- Coordinate logistics with advertising/communications for marriage and parenting events.
- All other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A strong and growing personal commitment to Jesus Christ and the church.
- Spiritual maturity, creativity, high energy and a strong passion to lead children and families to a deeper understanding of the Gospel message of Christ’s love!
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to interact well with others. Very personable, professional, and maintains a positive attitude.
- Proficiency with the following computer programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Rock and EventPro.
- Detail oriented
- Experience speaking to small groups
- Experience coordinating or managing volunteers
- Part-time: 29 hours per week
- Requires some evenings and weekends
Contact Dr. Stew Grant
Director of Community Life - Woodforest Campus
This position is full-time. Sundays are required. Partners with the Woodforest Campus Pastor in creating, implementing, and resourcing opportunities for Woodforest campus worshippers to grow in relationship with God, in friendship with one another, and in service to our church and community.
- Performs all job duties in accordance with the theological beliefs and standards of The Woodlands Methodist Church.
- Communicates and demonstrates The Woodlands Methodist Church’s mission: “Win Them to Jesus, Disciple Them in Faith, Help Those in Need” through applicable programming.
- Provides pastoral care in age-appropriate ways, in compliance with TWMC’s Safe Sanctuary and Sexual Ethics guidelines.
- Responsible for leading people toward maturity in their faith and in the fulfillment of their membership vows.
- Selects and/or creates religious content and curriculum, including worship experiences, Bible study, and other programs. Supports the Women’s Ministry Coordinator and Men’s Ministry Coordinator in establishing and publicizing ongoing Bible studies and special events for women and men. Serve as the point person connecting these ministries across campuses.
- Works with TWMC Discipleship Team to create and maintain small groups and coed studies. Identify and train leaders for these groups.
- Connects with guests/visitors personally, and in a timely manner.
- Oversees Back Porch events and follow up with new members to connect them with serving opportunities, discipleship options, and integrate them into the church family.
- Supervises and resources the Sunday morning volunteer coordinators. This includes attracting, recruiting, training, and coordinating volunteers needed for worship services. Also, serve as a resource for other ministries’ volunteer needs.
- Works with TWMC Missions staff to coordinate local mission projects.
- Works with TWMC Recreation Team to coordinate integration with other family ministries.
- Works with Woodforest Ministry Coordinator and Creative Services department to ensure correct information is reflected in bulletins, flyers, and other internal/external communications.
- Participates in weekly worship planning and production meetings.
- Participates in monthly Creative team meetings.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- College degree in ministry or related field of study
- 3-5 years of experience serving in ministry, non-profit or public service, including at least one year of leadership experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Contact Brent Parker
LOFT SPECIAL EVENTS ASSISTANT
- Develop volunteer team through recruiting, group meetings, and communication including hosting creative events and gatherings.
- Lead volunteer team for creative events, campaigns, installments, and other creative initiatives along with the Loft Ministry Assistant and Loft pastoral team.
- Plan and execute Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, Creative Christmas, and any other Loft specific creative events along with the Loft Ministry Assistant.
- Plan, coordinate, and submit requests for media and creative needs for social media, podcast, special print/digital items, video requests and special campaigns.
- Support Loft team in developing, creating, and expanding creative content both in the worship community weekend services and through social media.
Part time, hourly position, 10 hours a week, Monday-Friday with some Saturdays and Sundays as needed. Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, Creative Christmas and any other special events as needed will be required.
Contact Daniel Lumpee