- Business / Office / Administration
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
Job SummaryThe Administrative Assistant to the James River Youth Director will provide administrative support for the purpose of assisting the leader in the tasks related to office management of the JRY Dept. This position encompasses both supporting the pastor’s voice and assisting with office management, calendar and schedule management, email management, meeting set up and coordination and logistic planning support for JRY events.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Serve in close proximity to the leader in taking notes of all communication in meetings, asking questions needed, providing meeting follow-up and keeping track of all meeting notes as needed.
- Have an extensive knowledge of the church’s calendar – to ensure coordination of events with director’s calendar – both personally and ministerially.
- Communicate notes to the director of all meetings attended on their behalf.
- Serve as an editor on all documents, letter and emails coming from the director.
- Assist the director in drafting documents, letters and reports.
- Buffer for and aid the director with task management, email responses and meeting requests.
- Collect mail and filter both regular mail and email – and respond on behalf of the director when needed within 24 hours of receipt of the mail – cc them with your response.
- Craft email / letter drafts as requested – make sure they are proofed.
- Assist in communication to parents and students – connecting them with the team member who can assist them the most effectively with their need or question.
- Ensure that everything is in order and that the director has all the info needed for a meeting or an event. Providing talking points, agendas and meeting notes 24 hours in advance of said meeting.
- Oversee and manage the recording of JRY attendance, salvation numbers and baptism numbers – for all campuses for services, Dream Team meetings, special events and camps – keeping a concise file record of all for easy access.
- Maintain office supplies and office cleanliness.
- Maintain office phone recordings.
- Oversee time-clock approval for admin office staff.
- Assist with research as requested.
- All general office duties
- Assist with hosting all special guests ensuring their needs are taken care off – communication, travel, hotel, hosting and meals as needed.
- Any other needs or requests of the director / and their spouse.
- Collect all director’s receipts and submit expense reports monthly.
- Coordinate all travel details for Director- at his request.
- Works with James River Security and first responder’s teams to coordinate and schedule all James River Youth services and events.
- A daily walk with Christ and an attitude and lifestyle that reflects this walk.
- A heart to serve God and people.
- An ability to learn and execute technical and production elements involved in the chapel and event ministries.
- Flexibility to make small or large changes in procedures, services, position or other areas of ministry.
- A willingness to serve wherever and whenever the need arises, regardless if it’s in your job description or even department.
- Creativity to help create an atmosphere in James River Youth that will help students experience God in a way they’ll never forget.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone etiquette.
- Proficient at editing – English usage, spelling, and punctuation.
- Leadership ability – to oversee office.
- Ability to get along with others and handle confidential matters.
- Ability to manage time and multi-task and meet deadlines.
- PC skills including spreadsheets, database query, and word processing.
- Punctual, pleasant, and tactful – presenting a professional appearance and conduct.
- Exhibits good judgment, honesty, and integrity.
- Ability to work in a fast–paced environment, handle stress and meet critical deadlines.
Code of Conduct & CharacterJames River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to MinistryBy submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.