Assistant Physical Education Teacher/Assistant Athletic Director - Full Time
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
An Assistant Physical Education (PE) Teacher/Assistant Athletic Director must be a born-again Christian for at least 2 years, and is committed to living a biblical lifestyle and called by God to teach at Harvest School. This position assists the PE Teacher/Athletic Director with planning, directing, teaching, and coordinating physical, academic, social, and spiritual wholeness and student activities at the elementary level, with leadership and encouragement. This position instructs and coaches students in the fundamentals of sports, physical fitness, and agility; demonstrates techniques and methods of participation; evaluates abilities, and works to improve student’s technique and endurance. This position is also responsible for purchasing, repairing, maintaining PE/sports equipment, and uniforms. This person must be physically fit, dependable, friendly, enthusiastic, creative, and organized, with the ability to relate well with children, parents, school staff, and volunteers. They teach with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promotes Harvest’s culture, values, and mission.Read More. . .
- Must consistently attend a Bible-teaching church with a similar doctrine as Harvest Christian Fellowship.
- Demonstrate a Christ-like and positive professional attitude toward students; treat students with respect, remain objective when dealing with student problems, grading, etc.
- Must have some experience using administrative/organizational skills.
- Must have some coaching experience in multiple sports with children.
- Able to effectively communicate in a controlled and humble way with students, parents, staff, and administrators.
- Must have a great love for children and an attitude of being a team player.
- Must have a humble heart and be ready to learn the program currently being used.
- Must have a heart of being flexible, accommodating, versatile, and servant-minded. *****Desired Experience and Abilities*****
- At least 1 year of elementary level experience within the last 5 years.
- Duties are not exhaustive and are subject to change at any time. Job Information:*Full time with benefits *Monday--Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm Employment offer is contingent upon successful completion of:
- Verification of reference and referral sources and statements.
- A criminal background investigation, which involves fingerprinting. (A felony or misdemeanor conviction may disqualify the applicant from employment with Harvest Christian Fellowship).
- Completion of all required forms and documents including, but not limited to, an application form and ministry questionnaire.
- A signed and dated employee manual recognizing and accepting all conditions and requirements delineated and that all employees of Harvest Christian Fellowship serve in an “At-Will” capacity meaning that all employees of HCF are employed for an indefinite period and that employment may be terminated by either the employee or the employer at any time, with or without notice and with or without cause.
- A pre-employment physical exam and/or a drug/alcohol test may also be required.
- Must be 18 years old or older to apply. COMPLETED APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 5:00 PM, ON SEPTEMBER 15, 2021.