Assistant Preschool Teacher - Willow South Barrington
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- High school diploma / GED
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
At Willow Preschool we believe that children learn by doing and exploring the world around them. Our learning programs encourage children to learn at their own pace in settings that are friendly, supportive and FUN! Each learning program is designed to meet children’s spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional needs.
As the Willow Preschool Assistant Teacher you will assist within a classroom team ensuring that they are meeting the immediate needs of each child in their care. You’ll get to help implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum for all children. In addition, you’ll be responsible for creating a fun and exciting atmosphere of learning for the children at Willow Preschool. You ensure that the teaching team is providing the highest quality care possible, and that every effort is made to provide each child with a quality early childhood education
This is a part time, 20 hours per week, 10 month position.
- Meet the daily needs of students by following through with planned curriculum and daily activities. Bringing a daily JOY and EXCITEMENT to the classroom
- Day to day classroom management.
- Our learning centers and circle time center around educational, biblical, and holiday themes to teach children basic literacy, music, math, art, and science.
- Play-learning is a vital part of our curriculum. Games, stories, creative art experiences, and dramatic play help preschoolers master new skills as they gain self-confidence. We encourage our students to be creative through words, thoughts, movement, and art.
- Experiences are planned to help children make decisions and problem solve, and special attention is given at this age to developing pre-reading skills so that students can learn in a low-pressure, supportive environment.
- Communicate daily with parents at drop off and pick up as needed.
- Daily set up/tear down/classroom preparation for activities
- Assist Lead Teacher/Director with planning as needed
- Maintain open communication with parents as needed
- Collaborate with the team, planning and brainstorming with Lead Teachers, the Director and other Staff.
- Provide input on observation of child behavior/learning to help Lead Teacher in preparation for Bi-Annual Conferences or as needed
- Attend Quarterly Willow Preschool Staff Meetings/Trainings or as directed by Director
SUCCESS IS DEFINED AS...
Providing a warm, inviting space for families to feel comfortable. Quality care and education in a fun and exciting way. Reaching people for Christ through their kiddos in Preschool.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
- Able to take direction
- Love to serve/be a part of a team
- High level of responsibility, discernment and organization, ability to work well under pressure
- Loves children
- Joyful - has a joyful spirit that fills a room
- Honest - able to speak honestly, even when it’s difficult
- Servant - loves to serve others
- Relational - managing relationships with families, staff and community
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- CPR trained & certified