- Missions & Outreach
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- 2-5 years
- Job Description
The Associate Director of Serve (Mission) must be able to think intuitively, take action and clarify direction, as well as be able to function in a multi-task environment with constant interruption. Expert level written and verbal skills with strong attention to detail while also able to make decisions and move forward. A high level of confidentiality and professionalism are crucial to this position. This involves expert knowledge in administrative practices, a strong foundational knowledge of basic accounting, and using good judgment on all matters of a highly confidential nature.They should lead by example and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. They should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large. They should be a team player and follow the biblical model of sacrifice by being willing to put the needs of others in front of their own. In all their actions, they should be positive and supportive of the Core Values and Vision of Cornerstone.
- Communication: Phone/email correspondence, coordinating meetings, project updates
- Financial: Credit card reconciliaitions, monitoring/updating budget ledger, managing donations/fundraising accounts
- Logistics: event room set-up, material preparation
- Database: use the database (The Rock) to build registration forms, manage volunteer inquiries and connections, and input serve activity attendance
- Oversee all marketing materials for weekend promotion and trips to include rave cards, signage, emails, website updates, etc
- Social media management: create campaigns and engage missions partners
- Recruit, develop, and equip volunteers.
- Administer and teach gifts & personalities assessments (i.g. Strength Finders)
- One-on-One coaching on gifts & personality assessment to identify ways to use gifts.
- Process background checks and volunteer applications.
- Connect volunteers to ministries
- Plan and execute volunteer appreciation events and recognition
- Build relationships with ministries
Must be self-directed, detail orientated, and possess good problem solving and multitasking skills with the ability to follow through and get results. Will be responsible for the integrity of maintaining professional relationships and image for the office of leadership and general staff.
Role Model in Personal Life
- Model biblical community in his relationships (Matt 5:23-24, Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:25-32).
- Model biblical family life before the body (Eph 5:22-6:4).
- Model biblical integrity in all things (1 Tim 6:11-12).
Important skills/personal traits
- 3-5 years of ministry / missions experience
- Bachelors degree in an area of concentration that has equipped him/her for vocational ministry, preferred.
- Must align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship.
- Must be a member of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship who supports the vision and values.
- Able to efficiently multi-task and maintaining control over many projects simultaneously.
- Socially poised and confident.
- Gifted in written communication.
- Takes on challenges assignments and succeeds.
- Assertive and motivated for successful ministry