- Creative / Design / Copy
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
The Audio Technician A1 reports to the Audio Supervisor and executes all aspects of audio reinforcement (either live or recorded) and visual playback systems (such as ProPresenter, projectors, TV’s, or LED video walls) as well as the coordination of production elements as they relate to Harvest’s live or recorded events.
It is expected that this individual organizes and maintains the audio and visual production equipment; including cables, microphones, audio consoles, recording equipment, speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, and any other production equipment. Schedule and perform maintenance for audio systems. Audio Technician A1’s should always be training up their fellow Audio team as well as training volunteers and oversee how volunteers operate the equipment.
The Audio Technician A1 will work as a creative team member, mixing, recording, and operating audio consoles or other production gear for the event or meeting. This individual may also set up equipment and operate lighting or visual systems required by the event. This position requires some travel and work in an outside environment.
This individual should also possess excellent organizational and communication skills to work side by side with the Lighting & Video teams. They serve with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promotes Harvest’s culture, values, and mission.Read More. . .
- Meet with department leaders and others to determine and achieve the desired sound for production or live event.
- Set up, test, and adjust equipment for recording sessions and live performances.
- Mix and regulate volume level and sound quality during services and live events, using audio consoles.
- Record speech, music, and other sounds on recording media, using recording equipment.
- Separate instruments, vocals, and other sounds, and combine sounds later during the postproduction stage.
- Keep logs of recordings.
- Report equipment problems and ensure that required repairs are made in a timely manner.
- Synchronize and equalize prerecorded dialogue, music, and sound effects with visual action of motion pictures or television productions, using mixing consoles or computers in postproduction.
- Physical Requirements, with or without accommodation: the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. consistently and 50 to100 lbs. on a semi-regular basis, also prolonged periods of sitting, standing, climbing, crawling, stooping, kneeling, bending, carrying equipment, and prolonged periods of looking at s computer screens
- Duties are not exhaustive and are subject to change at any time.
- Must be 18 years old or older to apply.