- Music & Worship
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
To apply for this position, please send cover letter, resume, and video links to leading worship to HR@KensingtonChurch.org.
Responsible for the execution of the campus weekend services, and all other high-profile events. Recruit teams to accomplish all artistic needs for each event. Work closely with other campus arts directors to develop strategies for artistic, spiritual, and organizational development.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the body of Christ and extend the love of God to those seeking Him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington Community Church’s values in his/her Christian life. Emotionally aware and mature.
Education: Undergraduate degree in a related field preferred. Training in leadership and management helpful.
Experience: Demonstrated ability to cast artistic vision. Experience in large local church ministry. Past success in team/band building. Worship leadership in a large church setting.
Requirements: Membership at Kensington Community Church. Affirmation of the mission, vision, values, and beliefs of Kensington Community Church.
Required Skills: Highly skilled worship leader in the style of Passion City Church, Northpoint, Elevation, Hillsong, etc.; Proficiency on at least one musical instrument; Strong vocal ability Proven leader, team builder and people developer
“Nice to have” skills: Proficiency in Planning Center Online; Past success in managing and leading employees; Proficiency with Photoshop and Google Docs
Work Ethic: A STRONG work ethic, positive attitude and “get it done” mindset.
SERVICE DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work within the current arts team structure to implement the weekend plan with all of its elements.
- Create excellent and impactful weekend experiences that are consistently high in quality and passion.
- Collaborate with Central arts and Campus leadership team to build a cohesive and compelling vision for each weekend service.
- Collaborate with Campus leadership team on additional events that may include central leadership gatherings, monthly mid-week experiences, etc.
- Lead and develop the production team and volunteers so that you work seamlessly implementing the weekly service vision.
- Recruit and develop worship leaders that match the style and quality expectations of Kensington.
- Lead worship regularly on weekends.
- Recruit and develop bands each week with stage presence and the skill necessary to lead the church toward powerful worship moments.
- Lead the Production Manager develop volunteer CG operators, stage managers and assistant stage managers.
- Collaborate with the Production Manager to develop the “eye” for what a service and its transitions should look like to the extent that each of you can operate in the role of service director.
Direct Reports: Production Director and Team and Music/Band Leaders (Volunteer or Contract)