- Missions & Outreach
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
BRISTOL HOUSE MUSIC: BUSINESS MANAGER
The Business Manager of Bristol House Music is responsible for all levels of administration for The Woodlands Methodist Church’s recording label, Bristol House Records, and publishing business, Bristol House Music. Administration activities may be carried out directly, or through oversight of relationships with third parties.
Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
Product Development / Label Release Administration
- Oversee and/or directly manage the production, marketing and distribution for all releases across Bristol House Records
- Develop, maintain and manage the label release schedule
- Lead internal song/album recording and release planning meetings
- Develop, plan, and oversee marketing and media strategy campaigns by working with internal Creative Services team and/or 3rd party vendors
- Determine and manage promotion schedules, tours and events
- Oversee physical production of pressed albums/EPs
- Prepare information for sleevenotes, tracklistings, label copy, credits etc. and provide to designers to lay-up in album sleeves
- Manage relationships with artists and ensure they are kept up to date on all aspects of the release schedule, marketing and promotional activity
- Provide regular updates to internal stakeholders on releases and campaigns, including required reporting to TWMC’s Finance department
- Manage all associated release administration which includes the following:
- Generate ISRC Codes (International Standard Recording Code), metadata forms and UPC numbers
- Upload assets to distribution channels and video platforms where necessary
- Prepare, manage, maintain and upload all split sheets
- Maintain regular communication with third party label administrator to track revenues and ensure disbursements are made timely and correctly.
- Oversee all legal agreements, including monitoring compliance of all parties. Interfacing with attorneys as needed to update legal agreements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Oversee all songwriter agreements to facilitate proper set up in royalty distribution system
- Collect metadata for songs, prepare and upload split sheets
- Manage relationship with third party publishing administrator to ensure songs are set up properly in royalty system and registered with performance right organizations
- Maintain regular communication with third party publishing administrator to track revenues and ensure disbursements are made timely and correctly
- Work closely with Pastor of Bristol House Music to seek promotional opportunities for boosting song exposure and earnings
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, music recording/publishing administration, or related field
- At least 3 years of experience managing business operations in the music industry
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to influence others without authority
- Strong communicator, both oral and written
- Keen attention to detail, and proven organizational skills
- Experience working on a church staff is preferred
- Full-time, exempt position, 40 hours/week
- Requires some evenings and weekends
Interested applications, Submit resume to Angela Branch.
No calls, please.