- Building / Facilities
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
Job SummaryThe Café Manager will work closely with the Food Services Director in assuming the primary responsibility of the day-to-day management of James River Church South Campus Café’s. Café operations consist of providing operational and administrative supervision relating to: inventory management, sales volume, cash management, customer relations, volunteer relations, budget tracking and adherence.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for the day-to-day leadership, development and training of all James River Café South Campus volunteers and staff.
- Will lead and assist the James River Café Dream Team Coordinator in volunteer recruiting, assimilation and scheduling.
- Oversees employee/volunteer staff performance and completes employee evaluations, maintain quality and productive employee/volunteer relations. To nurture and advance these relations, will spend time working side-by-side with volunteers and staff throughout the week and during service times/events.
- Will represent James River Church by being professional and always approachable.
- Directs and leads the development, implementation and maintenance of operational procedures and training manuals. This includes knowledge and adherence to recipe guidelines.
- Oversees the weekly and monthly maintenance of stock, display, signs and inventory in all South Campus Café locations.
- Oversees the café operation, including preparation and sales of product, customer relations, as well as all activities involving Café catering opportunities.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the department director and assists the Food Services Director as it relates to James River Café operations.
- Responsible for cash management, handling monetary transactions, bank runs, operating espresso/brewing machines, baking, cleaning and maintaining a clean and safe environment according to Health Department requirements.
- Administer weekly product orders, receiving shipments and café organization.
- Will assist West, North and Joplin Campuses operations by:
- Placing their Monday vendor orders for Springfield Grocer, Coke, Sam’s and Classic Rock.
- Will ensure the shipment of supplies needed at West, North and Joplin are assembled for Tuesday delivery
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility and punctuality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers and the general public.
- Thorough knowledge of the process to receiving and delivering stock.
- Work schedule flexibility that accommodates church events.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques and office equipment
- Knowledge of daily café operations
- Ability to communicate in an effective and professional manner.
- Ability to perform other related duties as assigned and required.
Code of Conduct & CharacterJames River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to MinistryBy submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.