- Business / Office / Administration
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- 2-5 years
- Job Description
To apply for this full time position please send cover letter and resume to HR@kensingtonchurch.org.
The Care Initiatives at Kensington are committed to creating safe and distraction-free environments where people can heal from the pain of life and/or be equipped for the adventure of life with Jesus. This person is responsible for assisting and supporting Care Staff and hundreds of volunteer leaders toward the fulfillment of that mission.
This person will assist the Director of Care Initiatives and the Marriage Catalyst in the support and growth of the entire ministry; and will also serve as a primary contact and support to all involved in the premarital mentoring process through Kensington Marriage.
Display the evidence of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ in accordance with the doctrine and practices of Kensington Community Church’s values of In Christ, Under Scripture, As a Family, For the One, From Brokenness, With Openhandedness, and Through Others.
- Education: High School Diploma required – undergraduate degree preferred
- Minimum two years of administrative experience.
- Experience working and collaborating with volunteers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Affirmation of the mission, vision, values, and beliefs of Kensington Community Church and a willingness to engage fully in the life of the church.
- Must be a self-starter; able to work well independently, completing projects with excellence.
- Must be able to work in a very fast-moving environment. Willingness to perform occasional receptionist duties and some light office housekeeping jobs.
You will be the primary interface with campuses and central support departments to get things done.
- Become very proficient with our database and resource reservation systems.
- Manage budget and reimbursement requests.
- Initiate and manage media requests for digital, social media and print.
- Place reservations for event needs.
- Gather supplies, light office housekeeping and mail duties.
We have an army of passionate volunteers that do most of the “boots on the ground” work of the Care Initiatives. Your job is to remove as many organizational impediments from their plate as possible so that they can do the things that God has called them to. As one of their primary day-to-day staff contacts, an interested and encouraging voice that can keep them on track is critical.
- Take on large scale volunteer management including rosters, background checks, and regular communication for upcoming events.
- Prepare volunteer badges, schedule training and place new volunteers regularly.
- Work with office volunteers and be willing to help train them.
- Prepare and stock promotional materials to campuses each week.
- Overall be willing to field calls and problem solve on a daily basis.
Event and Special Project Support:
We dream together all the time – hearing from God and joining in the things He calls us toward. You will work as an equal voice alongside the Care Initiatives Director and Marriage Catalyst from beginning to completion of events and initiatives in both administrative and execution support.
Support Premarital Mentoring:
We see marriage as one of the ultimate discipleship opportunities for people, so preparing couples for it is a primary value.
- Be the first line of contact for engaged couples as they inquire and enter the premarital process at Kensington.
- Shepherd the engaged couples through the process from first contact through the wedding and beyond.
- Oversee and support the premarital regional teams and premarital mentor couples.
- Maintain and update, as necessary, all forms and information packets.