- Missions & Outreach
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- 0-2 years
- Job Description
Job Title: Christian Mobile Dental Clinic Dentist
Status: Part-Time Independent Contractor Position
Date Posted: June 2021
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Provide direct patient care to include comprehensive clinical assessment, diagnosis and treatment for patients. Prepares, records, and updates detailed patient information such as medical history and clinical notes routinely on all patients.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess, treat and care for all patients served on the Christian Mobile Dental Clinic (CMDC)
- Assists volunteer dental professionals to work effectively in the unit.
- Will provide supervision for the University of Tennessee Dental students as they train in the mobile dental clinic. (If necessary)
- Has a relationship with Jesus Christ, and is an active member of a local Bible-believing church.
Practical experience and licensure/registration required:
- DDS or DMD with current licensure to practice dentistry in the state of Tennessee.
- DEA certification required. General practice residency or 1 year experience providing dental patient care required.
- Ability to achieve adjunct faculty member designation within 3 months of hire. Necessary for Thursday – Friday position only.
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license and access to an automobile required.
- Feel a genuine calling into Dentistry as a mission outreach.
Supervised by: Dental Director
Days/Hours: 1-2 days per week