- Building / Facilities
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
To apply for this part time; 28 hrs/week position please send cover letter and resume to HR@kensingtonchurch.org. Must be available to work Sundays.
Keep the building in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, deep cleaning of bathrooms, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish. Set up meeting rooms with tables and chairs which includes moving heavy furniture. Duties may include tending to HVAC, performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs, and cleaning snow or debris from walkways. Duties may also include leading and directing workers assigned to the Facilities Department. Must have and maintain a valid Michigan driver’s license.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the body of Christ and extend the love of God to those seeking Him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington’s values of In Christ, Under Scripture, As A Family, For The One, From Brokenness, With Openhandedness and Through Others in their Christian life.
- Education: Associates degree preferred or high school diploma.
- Experience/Expectations: General knowledge of building custodian/housekeeping work and related equipment; interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; ability to operate, care for and perform minor maintenance on tools and equipment used in daily work; some ability in simple record keeping.
- Requirements: Membership at Kensington Community Church. Affirmation of the mission, vision, values and beliefs of Kensington.
- Coordinate and prepare for events of the facility.
- Clean and maintain all areas of the facility.
- Take care to maintain all equipment.
- Assure fire and emergency equipment is properly functioning.
- Work closely with manager to assure the facility has all supplies and equipment needed.
- Work safely as not to do harm to yourself or others.
- Maintain good working relationship and attitude with co-workers, staff, volunteers and guests.
- Participate in required staff meetings.