- College & Young Adult
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- 2-5 years
- Job Description
The College Pastor provides leadership and spiritual shepherding for Cornerstone’s College Ministry. They cast vision, develop infrastructure, maintain oversight and act as the main College Pastor contact. The pastor that makes a significance difference in this ministry is one that is transparent, speaks “real talk” rather than “churchy” language and develops difference-making service opportunities.
They should lead by example, and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. They should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large. They should be a team player and follow the biblical model of sacrifice by being willing to put the needs of others in front of their own. In all of their actions, they should be positive and supportive of the Core Values and the Vision of Cornerstone.
- Lead the College Ministry and Volunteers to make an impact
- Build a team of volunteers to invest in the lives of college-aged students and lead the various ministries.
- Oversee a team of volunteers and develop model leaders within the ministry.
- Develop a recruiting process that is sustainable and trainable.
- Create an environment of strength, empowerment and impact. A main component of this position is creating an environment where college aged students can come together as a community.
- Program and Ministry Development
- Implement programming that helps college-aged students the opportunity to comfortably know each other through various events, including service or mission-orientated trips. Depth in relationship-building is essential for this ministry.
- Develop a strategy to reach and disciple college aged students in Chandler and the surrounding communities.
- Develop and oversee both large group and small group settings for men and women as well as an annual calendar of events and activities that is congruent with the direction of the overall church and moves singles towards relationship and maturity in Christ
- Counseling – Provide pastoral care, counseling and support to College Aged Students
- Teaching – Serve as the primary teaching pastor for the College Ministry
- Role Model in Personal Life
- Model the qualifications of an elder (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Model biblical community in his relationships (Matt 5:23-24, Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:25-32).
- Model biblical family life before the body (Eph 5:22-6:4).
- Model biblical integrity in all things (1 Tim 6:11-12).
a. Must have 3 years experience in fulltime ministry.
b. Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration that has equipped them for vocational ministry
c. Track record of leading a Ministry to High School or College Students.
d. Must possess these key spiritual gifts: Leadership, Administration, Counseling and Teaching.
e. Must align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship.
f. Must be (or become) a member of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship who supports the vision and values.
- Important skills/personal traits
- Able to efficiently multi-task, maintaining control over many projects simultaneously.
- Enjoys engaging with many different people to accomplish programs and objectives.
- Socially poised and confident, able to speak to large and small groups.
- Takes on challenges assignments and succeeds.
- Assertive and motivated for successful ministry.