- Creative / Design / Copy
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
Communications Project Director
HOURS PER WEEK:
Project Management is the management of people, goals and objectives, tasks, timelines, and resources to bring projects to completion. Projects often follow a phased approach: initiation, planning, execution through project deliverables, monitoring and controlling, and completion or closing. This phased approach is currently what the Lakepointe Church Communications team follows as its project management process.
- Determine the nature and scope, as well as schedule and communication plan, of the project in collaboration with central ministry or central events team
- Determine project proposal (idea behind project, internal communications plan and strategies, overall goal, duration, etc.)
- Collaborate with Event Manager or Central Team Lead (or Director of Communications, if warranted) to evaluate and determine stakeholders for the project
- Write communication playbook, as well as creative brief and marketing deck, for all central events, conferences, and camps
- Devise cost-effective communication plans to enable effective project completion
- Make strategic decisions and provide leadership and direction to project managers to implement those decisions
- Manage and coach project managers, including monthly 1:1 coaching and encouragement
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Able to foster a sense of team spirit within different central and campus teams.
- Communicate well and relay information in a timely manner.
- Good budgeting skills and ability to reduce costs without adjustments affecting quality.
- Understand requirements necessary for project completion, and realistic expectations when meeting deadlines.
- Possess good math skills, making accurate calculations quickly and easily.
- Proven leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and the ability to communicate cross-culturally.
- Degree (minimum, Bachelor’s degree) in a relevant field from an accredited university.
- At least 5 years of experience in a leadership position managing projects or events.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) a plus.
- Medical Benefits based on employee classification
- $20,000 term life insurance through group plan
- Access to group medical, dental, vision & life insurance products
- Paid time off based on tenure
By submitting my resume to Lakepointe Church for potential employment I acknowledge that if hired, I will be an employment-at-will employee. I will be subject to dismissal or discipline without notice or cause, at the discretion of the employer. I understand that no representative of the church, other than the Director of Human Resources, Lead Pastor, Co-Lead Pastor or Elder Board have the authority to change the terms of an at-will employment and that any change can only occur with written notification.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Lakepointe Church's employment policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, sex, age or national origin. The Church does however, reserve the right to employ persons who have a Christian background and philosophy of ministry and who, in the opinion of the Church, have a work history and lifestyle which is consistent with the Scriptural principles the church embraces. Lakepointe Church holds its employees to a Code of Conduct consistent with conduct expected of those making application for membership.
Lakepointe Church uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.