- Discipleship & Groups
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- 2-5 years
- Job Description
The Community Groups Director will serve the people of Hillside through creating, developing, implementing, and overseeing all areas fitting within the Growing in Community framework. This is a comprehensive ministry dedicated to helping every person of Hillside develop in authenticity, spiritual growth, service, generosity, and empathy.
- Is a lover of people
- Is passionate about connecting people to God and to each other
- Is a leader who raises up leaders
- Possesses strong ministry and theological intelligence
- Love for God, Scripture, and the Church
- Committed to the Vision, Mission, and Values of Hillside
- Is Growing in humility
- Is Growing in Community
- Able to smile and laugh
- Collaborative Team Player
- Willing to engage in accountable relationships
- Strong communication skills
- In conjunction with the pastoral leadership team, the CGD will participate in the development of effective systems and processes to connect people into community groups as the primary vehicle for spiritual formation.
- Recruit and train new leaders; equip and develop existing leaders; care for all community group leaders.
- Provide ongoing (Monthly) leader equipping and development.
- Develop sermon-based curriculum weekly, as well as participate in the curation of other curriculum as needed
- Formulate and implement an effective congregational communication strategy that promotes community groups’ value, fosters a culture of connectivity, and provides repeated opportunities for attendees to join groups.
- Create a Community Group Ministry Team who assists in recruiting the congregation into groups and connects potential group members with leadership. Develop a coaching network that connects experienced leaders to novice leaders
- Assessment: Develop and employ assessment tools consistent with the culture of Hillside to ensure community group ministry effectiveness.
- Report group health and participant engagement to Leadership Team using assessment tools.
- Executive Skills: Strategic planning, resource allocation, and assessment. Demonstrates sensitivity and confidence in leading, serving, inspiring, managing, and equipping others in implementing ministry goals.
- Budget Management: Demonstrated capacity in management of ministry budgets.
- Interpersonal Communication Skills: Communicates effectively across different levels of the organization. Expresses optimism, faith, and encouragement.
- Organizational Intelligence: Capacity to understand ministry framework and the ability to develop new strategies to achieve goals.
- Performance Management: Skill in assessment of ministry effectiveness and supporting decision making through metrics and analysis.
- Leadership Development: Skilled at multiplying leaders who can communicate and uphold Hillside values. Able to supervise and lead a motivated and diverse group of people by establishing a clear vision for the team, training and developing talent, providing feedback and ensuring the proper learning for each team member.
- Collaborative Leadership: Demonstrate the ability to work in collaboration with the leadership teams to integrate multiple perspectives and synthesize them into a cohesive plan.
- 3-5 years proven experience in a director level role in a church
- Proven experience in leading small groups
- Exhibits the gifts and creative leadership skills necessary to work in a collaborative team environment and should be able to establish and achieve goals as a mutually edifying and supportive team leader/member.
- Uses wisdom, maturity, and sound judgment in unison with his gifts, qualifications, and skills to carry out duties and responsibilities with diligence.
A WIN LOOKS LIKE…
- The family of Hillside grows deeper in Community and begins to embody the values: authenticity, spiritual growth, service, generosity, and empathy
- Each of our ministries become actively engaged in community
- Our Growing in Community family continues to add to its numbers season after season
- Growing in Community becomes a deeply rooted part of our identity and we develop ways to help all churches follow the level of community we believe God has called them to.
Education and/or Experience
- Deep devotion to God and love for His Word
- Able to communicate clearly and articulately
- Self-starter and needs little supervision
- Able to smile & laugh while working
- Able to work across teams towards bigger visions
- Willing to support vision, leadership and operational policies of Hillside
- Voracious appetite to listen, learn and grow in a creative ministry environment
- Theologically, doctrinally & missionally aligned with Hillside on important matters
This position has access to confidential information – (List information here, such as customer personal data, credit cards, medical records, etc.)