- Creative / Design / Copy
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- 2-5 years
- Job Description
CREATIVE SERVICES: FILMMAKER / VIDEOGRAPHER
The Woodlands Methodist Church is seeking a talented Videographer to join our award-winning creative team. Candidate must be creative, self-motivated, highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We are seeking someone who embraces story telling with passion and excitement in conveying the story of the Church through a spiritual narrative. Candidate must have an exceptional eye for detail, the ability to find creative video solutions and must successfully interact with a wide variety of people and personalities.
- Capture, edit and produce videos for ministry events and promotion
- Film or Animate for series bumpers, stories, social media, and miscellaneous projects
- Maintain and organize studio and equipment
- Assist in maintaining video archive
- Concept, write, edit, and produce scripts as needed
- Collaborate with a team to budget, cast, scout, and produce work as needed
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 3 – 5+ years’ experience in film/video
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Student of current styles, trends and equipment in the film industry
- Previous Church creative experience
- Willingness to collaborate with leadership, ministry clients and other team members
- Be able to shoot on-location and in studio environments
- Current film portfolio or reel available online
- Video editing proficiency (Adobe Premiere)
- Inspired by telling stories in a unique and creative way
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with Adobe CC Suite
- This is a full-time, permanent in-house position
- Competitive salary and benefits offered
- Work hours are 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
- Weekends, holidays, evenings, and extended hours may be required
- No Phone Calls, please
Submit resume, and link to demo reel or portfolio site to the Creative Services Administrative Director Lisa Fenley. No phone calls please.
The Woodlands Methodist Church is a 14,000-member congregation located in suburban Houston, Texas. They are a Methodist church offering 11 live worship services each week in three unique worship styles across two campuses. Each Sunday, The Woodlands Methodist Church webcasts three services (one in each style) live online. They offer dynamic Christian programs for all ages, placing special emphasis on discipleship, missions, and outreach. They also run an accredited preschool, and a private elementary school. The Woodlands Methodist Church’s mission is to “Lead people to Jesus Christ, disciple them in faith, and help those in need.”
NOTE: APPLICANTS WITHOUT A LINK TO A DEMO REEL OR PORTFOLIO WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
CREATIVE SERVICES: GRAPHIC DESIGNER
The Woodlands Methodist Church is seeking a talented graphic designer for the purposes of visually communicating our mission and ministries to a wide variety of audiences. Candidate must be self-motivated, highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment. We are seeking someone who embraces emerging technology and design with passion and excitement. Candidate must have an exceptional eye for detail. The ability to find creative solutions and successfully interact with a wide variety of people and personalities.
- Design graphics for promotional materials for various church ministries including fliers, brochures, posters, table tents, brochures, T-shirts, etc.
- Design graphics for projection screens and TV monitors
- Design graphics for use on websites
- Print, trim, paste, fold, and label printed materials as assigned
- Assist with installation of large format graphics in display areas
- Interact with department staff members and members of ministry teams
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Relevant college degree and three to five years’ experience in a creative, professional environment required
- Proficiency in Adobe CS software (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat) is required
- Macintosh platform experience required
- Experience with Microsoft Office software preferred
- Experience with animation software such as Adobe After Effects is preferred
- Photography skills are preferred
- This is a full-time, permanent position. Competitive salary and benefits offered.
- Work hours are 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- Some weekends, evening and extended hours will be required during Christmas, Easter and other special events.
Submit resume, and PDF or link to portfolio site to the Creative Services Administrative Director Lisa Fenley. No phone calls please.