- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
A Daycare/Preschool Assistant Teacher at Parkview Church Daycare and Preschool must be an energetic, creative, patient and loving individual with a heart for teaching young children. The Assistant Teacher will help Daycare/Preschool Teacher in all areas of the classroom setting. The Teacher Assistant will help students learn age-appropriate skills, subject matters, necessary skills for kindergarten and beyond, and beliefs that will positively contribute to their development as a Christian. The Teacher Assistant must have a saving faith in Jesus Christ, and carry out the mission and values of Parkview Christian Church. The Teacher Assistant must be available to work as needed, anytime between 7:00 am and 6:00pm. Part-time and full-time positions available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Teach by word and example the love of Jesus and basic Bible truths and stories.
• Be respectful of children, parents and coworkers at all times.
• Assist the Teacher as needed to teach young children in accordance with Parkview Daycare and Preschool’s curriculum.
• Assist the Teacher with and engage in age-appropriate activities to meet the spiritual, emotional, academic, physical, and social needs of children.
• Assist the students as they learn foundational concepts, such as shapes, colors, numbers, letters and sounds.
• Be willing to use a variety of experiences and activities to teach children including songs, games and storytelling.
• Work with the Teacher to provide a positive, comfortable and healthy learning environment that builds self-esteem and encourages creative thinking and learning.
• Communicate in a manner that children understand.
• Follow established routines, provide positive guidance and comfort children using kind and encouraging words and actions.
• Ensure children are supervised and safe at all times.
• Ensure that the classroom and materials and equipment used are clean, safe and well-maintained at all times.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures including our Guidance and Discipline Policy for children.
• Be knowledgeable of emergency procedures and be prepared to handle accidents and emergencies at any time.
• Attend staff meetings, staff in-service events, and all required meetings and training.
• Maintain professional personal and classroom appearance.
• Attend evening programs in which the students are involved.
• A participating member of Parkview Christian Church
• Completion of High School or equivalent GED
• Prior experience in a Daycare or Preschool is a plus
• Submit to and pass a criminal background check
• Provide proof of a medical examination and a current TB test with negative result
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills