- Discipleship & Groups
- Job Type:
- Job Description
Knowing Christ is at the heart of our mission at Sagebrush Church. We’re a team of fully devoted followers of Christ who are driven by reaching one more for Jesus. Our beliefs and core values are the driving factors for what we do as a team, and we’re searching for a gifted discipleship pastor who loves the idea of helping in the transformation of individual lives. If you have a heart for relational evangelism, this may be where you are being called.
At Sagebrush, we believe that the teaching, training, and equipping of others is one of the essential callings of each believer. Here's how you’ll contribute:
- We are committed to spreading God’s love locally, national, and internationally; you’ll seek opportunities to reach people who are far from Him.
- Gain influence to encourage spiritual growth of others; our goal is for them to fully integrate into the body of the church.
- Provide ongoing training and development to teach people how to share the gospel; you’ll answer questions and help people grow into their faith and walk with Christ.
- Enthusiastically recruit and mentor a team of group leaders to help with all areas of discipleship.
- Drive new believers into our Next Steps class and walk alongside them as they move closer to God.
- Be an advocate of a “group life” culture and check in on their progress at each level of the discipleship pipeline.
- Encourage people to be the hands and feet of Jesus by serving and sharing their gifts in ministry.
- Share your ideas for bringing people together through outreach activities, and use intentional follow-up to ensure they move from casual attendee to fully-devoted follower of Christ.
- Support a dedicated team of staff members for discipleship, feedback, and problem-solving.
At Sagebrush, you don't need to do this alone. Hold onto your faith, and enjoy being developed yourself. We’ll equip you to lead others through a team of mentors and coaches to help you grow in ministry; Mark 1:17 “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.”
- Be a trailblazer when it comes to inspiring others about their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- You’ll need to be gripped by the vision to fulfill the Great Commission.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies, Youth Ministry, Christian Studies, or Leadership.
- Have a natural ability to connect quickly, and encourage people to come worship with us.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, challenging environment with multiple competing priorities; yet offers loads of fun while winning one more for Christ.
Who Are We?
Sagebrush is a multisite church with multiple community locations based in Albuquerque, NM, with a thriving online community. Sagebrush remains culturally relevant and biblically pure. We offer a casual environment where people can experience contemporary worship, and engage with one another through the teaching of the Bible.
Good to Know
During the selection process, Sagebrush Church’s practice is to provide preference to those who attend a weekly service, and align with the Staff Covenant and Church Values. We offer an amazing benefits package including paid time-off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and employer-contributed retirement plan. But really, we’re just a cool place to work!
Come Work With Us!
Our beliefs and core values are the driving factors for what we do as a church. If you think this role might be for you, check us out at www.sagebrush.church and submit your resume.
Not ready for this step? That’s ok, we have an amazing Apprenticeship Program that people can learn more about ministry.