- Building / Facilities
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
Job SummaryThe Facilities Administrative Assistant is positioned to serve the Facilities Department with administrative and accounting duties. As well as serving as the Dream Team Coordinator.
Essential Responsibilities & DutiesGeneral
- Answer and screen incoming calls and emails, including calls and emails for Facilities Director office.
- General clerical duties including photocopying, fax, mailing, and filing
- Assist in ordering office supplies.
- Prepping for meetings.
- Assist Accounting Department with obtaining current vendor COI’s and vendor packets.
- Monitor and document utilities usage.
- Credit card reconciliation and other accounting responsibilities as assigned.
- Enter invoices for remittance process.
- Monitor monthly budgets.
- Compile budget proposals.
- Review monthly vendor statements for accurate payment processing.
- Enter receipts and invoices into Builder Trend for Special Projects.
- Organize and maintain electronic files (and physical when necessary).
- Ordering keys, maintain key log, and distribute keys to approved personnel.
- Department Dream Team Coordinator
- Attends Monthly DDTC Meeting
- Submit a weekly report.
- Mandatory event attendance.
- 2 years of administrative experience with an emphasis in accounting.
- Degree in accounting, business, or another related field.
- Knowledge and intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite and general computer skills.
- Accounting experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Well-developed people skills to serve as an effective liaison between departments. Able to build relationships and help resolve conflict quickly and according to the Bible.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Excellent trouble shooting, problem-solving and creative thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting critical deadlines.
- Exhibit professionalism and maintain confidentiality always.
- Flexibility with working in a culture of improvement.
- Patience with the research and development of creating and updating events for accuracy.
Code of Conduct & CharacterJames River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to MinistryBy submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.