- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- 2-5 years
- Job Description
- Primary Responsibilities
**This is Potentially a Contract-Hire Position, depending on needs and performance**
- Work cohesively with Enrollment in order to facilitate outstanding services to prospective students and their parents.
- Provide one-on-one counseling to students on available federal, state, and local financial aid programs, eligibility criteria and application process.
- Intakes student financial aid documents and processes those documents through the document imaging system, KANOPISIS, and the student portal.
- Participate in graduation preview, student registration, and quarterly re-entry campaigns as necessary responding to financial aid inquiries.
- Complete weekly reports; assist with monthly accounts receivable reports; attend financial aid training seminars and workshops as required; perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor degree or minimum of Associates degree preferred from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the USDOE.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in Financial Aid, student services or other federal assistance related programs required or minimum of 2-3 years of previous accounting in a financial institution.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of state, federal, and institutional financial aid programs, policies, procedures, and regulations and/or institutional aid programs preferred.
- High proficiency with excel spreadsheets, Microsoft software, ability to utilize multiple intranet database and software utilization with technical accuracy.
- Organizational skills; professional written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include some evening and weekends required.
To be considered, please furnish a letter of introduction expressing your interest in the desired position, present your salary expectations, and highlight your qualifications along with our employment application. You may visit our website at valorcollege.com to download the Valor Christian College employment application (PDF) and email or fax it along with your resume.
Valor Christian College at World Harvest Church offers competitive wages commensurate with experience as well as a comprehensive benefits plan if hired. Valor Christian College is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, national origin, disability or any other characteristic as required by state and federal laws and as applicable to churches.
Valor Christian College does discriminate on the basis of religion. All staff members must be born-again Christians. Successful candidates will be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintain a courteous and Christ-like attitude; and agree to adhere to the standards of moral conduct and mission, vision, and values of Valor Christian College and World Harvest Church.