- Building / Facilities
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- 5-10 years
- Job Description
Global Technical DirectorApply Now
The Global Technical Director is responsible for the mechanical operations and support for all technical systems for all campuses. From operation and maintenance, to managing both paid and volunteer positions, this position ensures high-level technical quality for services as well as special events throughout the facilities. This position will coordinate weekly with the Global Media Director for service planning, technical rehearsals, sound checks as well as weekly performances.
- Technical support for multisite campuses
- Participate in weekly services
- Clean, repair, and maintain production equipment
- Manage inventory of all technical assets across campuses
- Oversee invoicing and scheduling for tech contractors
- Manage and train tech team contractors and volunteers
- Ensure tech needs are met for all events on calendar
- Integrate equipment across new, permanent, and portable campuses
- Weekly meetings with Production staff
- Setup, teardown, and cleanup equipment for services and events
- Manage and work with files on Google Drive or other file structures systems
- Provide gear suggestions for working budgets
- Maintain and label cables in racks and systems
- Maintain professional, technical, and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops
- Other tasks as assigned by the Global Media Director
- Must agree with and commit to upholding Free Chapel’s core values, as well as its stated mission and vision.
- Education qualifications minimum of 8 years’ experience working with video and lighting systems in live production
- Must have strong knowledge of video, network, and lighting systems including but not limited to: Ross Video Systems, Clearcom, artnet, LED walls and processing, video routers, Apple computers, and shared storage systems.
- Have the understanding of stage drawing software.
- Strong, effective written and spoken communication skills including professional phone and email etiquette.
- Team player mentality including the ability to work well with a broad range of individuals and groups and a willingness to receive and act on direction.
- Ability to meet priorities and deadlines with accuracy and timeliness.
- Excellent organizational skills; enjoys handling multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment; is self-motivated and able to work without supervision.
- Calm and cool under pressure; always maintains a kind and courteous attitude.
- Certification preferred to some AVL pathways.
- Sun (6:00am-completion of services)
- Tuesday-Friday (9:00a-5:00p)
- This schedule is merely a brief summary and should not imply the times listed above are the only hours to be performed by the employee with this position description. The employee may be called upon at any time to perform other duties as needed. Other instructions and job responsibilities may be adjusted and changed by his/her supervisor/department head in order to meet ministry goals.