- Creative / Design / Copy
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- 2-5 years
- Job Description
To apply for this full time position please send cover letter, resume and sample links to HR@kensingtonchurch.org
Kensington’s Designer will uphold Kensington’s standard of creative excellence by designing, producing and approving engaging creative executions in print, web, and stage screen support.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the body of Christ, and extend the love of God to those seeking him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington Community Church’s values: In Christ, Under Scripture, As a Family, For the One, From Brokenness, With Open-handedness, Through Others.
- Education: Degree in graphic design or related field.
- Experience: Strong agency/studio background in print and web (2+ years). Experience with writers, designers, coders, and printers. Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite; basic knowledge of html, php & css a plus.
- Requirements: Full commitment to Kensington Church including affirmation of our mission, values and beliefs.
- Works with other designers to approve designs/material to maintain excellence and brand equity. Train, mentor, and collaborate with other members of the design staff and interns as needed. Guide ministry directors (“clients”) from initial request to final design. Contribute ideas to workflow process to ensure the team’s time and energy is used most efficiently.
- Brand Maintenance Define and maintain brand standards for our organization. Create strong visual designs based on provided criteria for clothing, accessories, the website, online/social campaigns, printed materials and more.
- Web Design. Design elements and graphics for web, social, and the Kensington Church app. Work with web designer to ideate and implement new page designs and features.
- Print and Digital Publications. Work with clients from all departments to produce quality print and digital materials at levels commensurate with the size and mission of Kensington. Bring fresh ideas to the table with creative executions that are simple, clean, smart and engaging – even edgy and unexpected for a church. Materials include service materials, inserts, posters, signs, message support materials, brochures and collateral. Make pieces print-ready and attend press checks. Work closely with Arts Team to brand series graphics, and closely with other directors and writers to brand events.
- Service/Arts Support. Help plan and brand message series and events to evoke intended emotional and artistic experiences across all platforms for weekend services and other events. This includes creation of stage and side-screen graphics, and collaboration with the video team. (Ensure complete creative integration with services, print, web and video).
- Creative Contribution. Graphic Designer must contribute creatively at meetings. They are a huge part of the ideation process, and they can visually drive the visual direction of Kensington.