- Discipleship & Groups
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- 5-10 years
- Job Description
The Cornerstone Groups Pastor’s charge is to provide growth opportunities in healthy group environments. They will create, build, populate and execute a model using the groups as a tool for assimilation and spiritual development. This includes Small Group Bible Studies, Medium-size groups, and online Bible Study groups.
The “groups” ministry is part of the Adult Ministry team and works in harmony with its strategies as well as with Cornerstone philosophy.
Vision & Growth
- Create an integrated plan for assimilating people into the process of spiritual formation through Small Group studies, Medium size groups, and Online groups.
- Create a framework for spiritual maturity with clear, accompanying content, steps and marks.
Leadership & Development
- Recruit and develop a team of coaches sufficient to care for the number of facilitators in the organization.
- Build and oversee systems to recruit, train, deploy, and manage group leaders
- Manage budgets, advertising, databases and delivery systems related to the Groups ministry
- Be available for additional projects as assigned by the Adult Ministries Pastor
Role Model in Personal Life
- Model the qualifications of an elder (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Model biblical community in his relationships (Matt 5:23-24, Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:25-32).
- Model biblical family life before the body (Eph 5:22-6:4).
- Model biblical integrity in all things (1 Tim 6:11-12)
- Lead by example
- Must have 5 years experience in fulltime ministry, at least 2 years in a church that has at least 500 people in groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration that has equipped them for vocational ministry
- Experience successfully leading small group ministries.
- Must possess these key spiritual gifts: Leadership, Administration, and Teaching.
- Must align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship.
- Must be a member of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship who supports the vision and values.
Important skills/personal traits
- Able to efficiently multi-task, maintaining control over multiple projects simultaneously.
- Socially poised and confident, able to speak to large and small groups.
- Cooperative team member who respects organizational policies and procedures