- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- 2-5 years
- Job Description
To apply for this part time; 20 hours/week position please send cover letter and resume to HR@kensingtonchurch.org
Responsible for leading Kensington’s Hope Water Project initiative of providing hope through clean water for the Pokot. The position will provide the leadership for the current projects and create additional opportunities to engage people with Kensington’s Global Partners projects. The position will oversee the implementation of the events, provide communication with participants, recruit staff and volunteers, manage budgets and incorporate the vision of our Global Partners into the events.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the body of Christ and extend the love of God to those seeking Him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington’s values of In Christ, Under Scripture, As A Family, For The One, From Brokenness, With Openhandedness and Through Others in their Christian life.
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Business or Management preferred, or related experience.
- Experience: 2-3 years of project management or general administration.
- Affirmation of mission, values and beliefs of Kensington Community Church.
- Assist in setting vision and strategy for the HWP initiative and ensuring the vision and strategy are accomplished.
- Create new opportunities or events and lead the organization and execution of events including Family Day, Kids Run, Marathon Expo, Race Weekend, and other fund-raising events.
- Identify and manage vendors, contracts, and sponsors.
- Oversee and assure accuracy of team member registration and website.
- Manage all aspects of merchandise (Team jerseys, incentives, etc.) ordering, packing and delivery.
- Recruit and lead volunteers for all HWP events.
- Provide administrative support for the HWP Kick-Off Party and Pep Rally.
- Develop, plan, and execute training seminars for team members.
- Use the events to help develop a discipleship culture among the participants.
- Provide administrative support to the Finance and Donor Development Departments as needed to manage the donation process.
- Manage communications both internally and externally.
- Create materials and communications calendar to motivate participants to fundraise.
- Set and manage budgets for all events.