- Internship & Volunteer
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
- As a 56 Intern, a key part of the job is building a rapport with the students. On a typical Sunday our interns will: shoot baskets, play gaga ball, chat with the shy student standing alone, color pictures, play corn hole, volunteer for a silly game, help with check in, praise and worship alongside our students, and lead a discussion group relating to the weekly Bible teaching.
- Greet families and students as they arrive and dismiss on Sundays and Wednesdays.
- Help set up and clean up at 56 events.
- Support the 56 team on Wednesdays and Sundays.
- Arrive on time for scheduled shifts.
- Behavior in the community and online presence must be compatible with values and beliefs of our church. Your online social networks should be accessible to CM Staff.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
Have strong interpersonal skills; enjoy interacting with children; serve as a role model for children; be a growing Christian that feels comfortable sharing their faith with others.
This is a part-time position with no benefits. For high school and college students age 17 and older. Shift schedules include Sundays and Wednesdays (during the school year) as well as church wide Children’s Ministry sponsored events; additional summer responsibilities include 56 Day Camp and Mission Mondays.
56 INTERMEDIATE MINISTRY LEAD
The Sunday Ministry Lead serves 5th and 6th grades during each of our two Sunday service hours - 9:30 and 11:15 am.
- Preparing the 56 room and surrounding area on Sunday mornings
- Serving as a contact point for and cultivating relationships with volunteers
- Welcoming children and families as they arrive
- Facilitating large and small group activities and games
- Modeling worship during large group time
- Teaching large group lesson as needed
- Facilitating large and small group discussion after the weekly group lesson
- Cleaning up the environment
The ideal candidate is high energy, loves kids, enjoys being on a stage on a mic, and is gifted in teaching about the Lord.
Candidates will work directly with fifth and sixth grade students. Candidates will be asked to participate in a Sunday morning experience as part of the interview process.
The position is based on a weekly stipend and assumes a minimum of 46 Sundays per year; no health benefits are provided.