- Creative / Design / Copy
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
Job SummaryUnder the supervision of the Senior High JRY Director and the JRY Office and Communications Manager, the Graphic Design and Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for editing, designing, and creating videos and graphics that are needed for the James River Youth department. This role will build engagement with students through the youth digital platforms.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Setting up a weekly schedule for planning and executing film and photography projects for social media engagement (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Tiktok, etc.)
- Promote James River Church events on youth platforms, with a youth focus.
- Creation of all graphics needed for service elements and uploading items on ProPresenter in a timely manner prior to service days.
- Capture and edit videos/photos of JRY services and events.
- Creation of all graphics for Monthly JRY Parent News Email.
- Creation of all Youth mailers/ads.
- Assist in researching new and relevant social media ideas for online platforms.
- Interacting on all youth platforms, such as engaging in comments, responding to direct messages, etc.
- Editing of weekly Youth News.
- Work closely with the James River Youth Team to identify and explore opportunities for greater impact.
- Keep on task & with steady progress without constant oversight
- Ability to work under deadlines & in a high feedback environment
- Like all comments on all platforms
- Connect with the Office and Communications manager when responding to comments and DMs.
- Have all post approved by the Office and Communications manager.
- A daily walk with Christ and an attitude and lifestyle that reflects this walk.
- A heart to serve God and people.
- An ability to learn and execute technical and production elements involved in the chapel and event ministries.
- Flexibility to make small or large changes in procedures, services, position, or other areas of ministry.
- A willingness to serve wherever and whenever the need arises, regardless of if it’s in your job description or even department.
- Creativity to help create an atmosphere in James River Youth that will help teenagers experience God in a way they’ll never forget
Training and Experience
- Two years of relevant digital experience, including design, video, or both.
- Called to support ministry.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Understanding of Adobe CC Suite, Photoshop, Premier, etc.
- High level of understanding of popular social networks – design, functionality, users, etc.
- Exhibit high attention to detail.
- High level of time management & ability to work under pressure.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve and self-motivate.
- Exhibits good judgement, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Love for working on a team as well as working online.
- Willingness to learn, grow in skill sets, and remain flexible.
- Punctual, pleasant, and tactful – presenting a professional appearance and conduct
- Exhibits good judgment, honesty, and integrity
- Ability to work in a fast–paced environment, handle stress and meet critical deadlines
Code of Conduct & CharacterJames River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to MinistryBy submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.