- Discipleship & Groups
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
Job SummaryThe JRY West Campus Dream Team Coordinator serves under the direction of the West Campus Youth Pastor/ Lead Coordinator to give oversight of Dream Team at the West campus. This position encompasses providing direction to the coordination of all West JRY Dream Teams with regards to assimilation, training, attendance, and oversight of student and adult JRY Dream Teams. This role also assists as needed with JRY office support.
Essential Responsibilities & DutiesDream Team / Grow Track and Assimilation
- Responsible for tracking, assimilation and communication with all students going through the Grow Track process – working closely with the Connections Department to see students through to week 4 graduation.
- Presenting at West Campus Grow Track Week 4 – and connecting with potential adult and student Dream Team candidates.
- Grow Track – take note of any pertinent information or questions related to new DT candidates.
- Assign new Grow Track graduates to a Dream Team – connect with the coordinating DT Coach.
- Coordinate with new Dream Team Candidates via email, phone – set up a meeting time for orientation and assimilation with their DT Coach / team assignment.
- Ensure connection is made with coach for training.
- Follow up with the DT Coach 2 weeks later to ensure the student/adult Dream Team is doing well on the team.
- Keep records of Grow Track attendance as it pertains to student attendance and follow up.
- Send Grow Track / Assimilation reports from West campus to Dream Team Lead coordinator – regarding new DT candidates, training, and connection.
- Get Dream Teamers a JRY DT T-shirt
Dream Team Administration/Record Keeping
- Assign West Campus Dream Team (Students, Practicum, Ps student Hosts, Residents, Adult Hosts, etc.) to weekly serve times in F1/GO
- Email weekly West Campus Dream Team Assignments to Coaches, Ministry Support Team and West Campus Lead
- Maintain accurate records for West DT attendance & email attendance records following the service to the coaches
- Collect campus numbers and submit weekly report on Dream Team to Lead Dream Team Coordinator.
- Ensure follow- up with DTs who are not showing up for their assignment.
- Communicate with Ps Lead if a Dream Teamer is struggling, sick or in need of pastoral care.
- Maintain DT – F1/GO records – updating them as needed.
- Maintain records of Preservice Prayer attendance- gathering attendance numbers from West campus and submitting numbers for service attendance report.
- Gather, report, and keep track of all service attendance records – for West Campus and send to Lead Coordinator.
- Collect the attendance numbers from campus for Wednesday Night and Sunday services: This will include the total attendance, DT attendance, VIP and Altar Response numbers.
- Report the JRY totals for the campus to the Lead Dream Team Coordinator by 1:00 pm on Sundays and 8:00 pm on Wednesday Nights.
- Keep track/records of campus service attendance records for easy access if reviewing is requested.
- Work to address and coordinate any changes to coaches and Dream Team structure- as directed by the Pastoral Lead.
Life Group Record Keeping
- Keep records of Senior High Life Group weekly attendance and send weekly report to JRY Office and Communication Manager.
- Maintain Life Group – F1/GO records – updating them as needed.
VIP/Altar/Baptism Record Keeping and Follow Up
- Keeping of records of all VIP and Altar numbers and follow up.
- Work to ensure West Campus follow-up for VIP/Altar response is handled in a timely manner.
- Assist Pastoral lead with Baptism and Altar follow up.
Dream Team Meetings/Student Leader Meetings / Supply Ordering/ West Set up
- Responsible for invites/RSVPs and set up of West campus JRY DT meetings and student leader meetings.
- Responsible for any set up needs for the West Pre-service prayer
- Communicate ordering and purchasing needs to the Lead Coordinator – of all DT supplies, t-shirts and food items needed for meetings.
- Communicate ordering and purchasing needs to the Lead Coordinator for all things related to the VIP/Check-in area.
- Ensure café is adequately stocked including money box, food items, signage.
- Manage games in the venue keeping them organized and set-up for services.
- Assist in overseeing the set-up of VIP/Check-in areas – maintaining organization and stocking needs- ensuring it is need and orderly.
Dream Team Oversight
- Ensure West DT Coaches are in place for the service. Find replacement if needed.
- Ensure West VIP Connect and Check-in areas are staffed with DT and assist as needed.
- Ensure – Adult Host/DT are in place at Check-in and for Auditorium Hosting.
Office Admin Support
- Filter both regular mail and email – that is related to your role – and responding within 24 hours.
- Assist in communication to parents and students – connecting them with the team member who can assist them the most effectively with their need or question.
- Assist with printing and preparing JRY West service materials and handouts.
- Provide administrative support to the West Campus Pastoral Lead – as it pertains to answering and returning phone calls, emails, and appointment scheduling.
Special Event Support
- 6Th Grade Orientation
- JR College Practicum
- Senior High Graduation events
- JRY Camps
- ALL Church Events: DSN, Easter, SMC, LG Connect, DFL, etc.
- A daily walk with Christ and an attitude and lifestyle that reflects this walk.
- A heart to serve God and people.
- An ability to learn and execute technical and production elements involved in the chapel and event ministries.
- Flexibility to make small or large changes in procedures, services, position, or other areas of ministry.
- A willingness to serve wherever and whenever the need arises, regardless of if it’s in your job description or even department.
- Creativity to help establish an atmosphere in James River Youth that will encourage teenagers to experience God in a way they’ll never forget.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone etiquette.
- Proficient at editing – English usage, spelling and punctuation
- Leadership ability – to Oversee Dream Teamers
- Ability to get along with others and handle confidential matters
- Ability to manage time and multi-task and meet deadlines
- PC skills including spreadsheets, database query and word processing
- Punctual, pleasant, and tactful – presenting a professional appearance and conduct
- Exhibits good judgment, honesty, and integrity
- Ability to work in a fast–paced environment, handle stress and meet critical deadlines
Code of Conduct & CharacterJames River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to MinistryBy submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.