- Children's Ministry
- Job Type:
- Job Description
Kids Team Captain
Part-Time / Under 20 Hours Per Week / Weekends RequiredCurrent openings available at Northeast and Northwest Albuquerque locations
Sagebrush Church is a multi-site church based in Albuquerque, NM. Sagebrush offers a casual environment where people can experience contemporary worship and teaching from the Bible. The mission of Sagebrush is to know Christ and to make Christ known.
Have you ever eaten a chocolate covered worm, or ever been slimed by 2nd graders? If that sounds like something you would enjoy, this role may be exactly what you’re looking for! We are currently searching for a Kids Captain to help at Kids Planet.
Kids Planet provides a fun, creative, and interactive service that gives kids an age-appropriate setting to learn about Jesus and discover the Bible. We say, “It’s a Place for Kids That Is Out of This World”
We want Kids Planet to be the best hour of your child's week!
- Ensure the kids environment is inviting, exciting and prepared for weekend services
- Ensure all Kids Planet safety, security and cleaning protocols are in place.
- Actively recruit energetic people with a heart for kids to be a part of growing Kids Planet team members and walk alongside them in their relationship with Christ.
- Be the go-to person who ensures volunteer positions are covered, and they are prepared well in advance for the weekend activities and services.
- Pour into the volunteers by continual training and keeping them updated on Kids Team best practices. You may occasionally facilitate the onboarding experience for new team members within the environment.
- Be the point of contact for parents/guardians whose kids are in the environment, ensuring they are aware of issues, upcoming activities and weekly discipleship activities that can be done at home.
- Assist with the upkeep of the equipment, supplies and overall care and cleaning of the toys/environment.
- Bring curriculum and lesson activities to life with enthusiasm and excitability.
- Provide updates to the curriculum developer regarding the effectiveness of weekend content.
- We require team members to have a dynamic and growing relationship with Christ and enjoy being in a culture that is Jesus-focused.
- Have 1-2 years of experience in providing childcare in a children’s ministry, or day-care setting.
- Maintain professionalism and a calm sense of urgency even during times of crisis and high levels of activity.
- Be able to eat chocolate-covered worms while maintaining your composure.
- Have a flexible schedule and don't mind accommodating special campus events.
- Thrive in an environment with multiple competing priorities, and one that resembles herding cats.
Full disclosure: we are passionate about our children so you’ll need to be to pass a stringent background check.
During the selection process, it is the practice of Sagebrush Church to provide preference to those who attend a weekly church service and align with the church Staff Covenant and Church Core Values.
If you have a heart for kids and teaching them about Jesus, you are being called to serve and meet the qualifications mentioned above, please email your resume to email@example.com
Please DO NOT call our church offices.