- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
At Willow Preschool we believe that children learn by doing and exploring the world around them. Our learning programs encourage children to learn at their own pace in settings that are friendly, supportive and FUN! Each learning program is designed to meet children’s spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional needs.
As the Willow Preschool Lead Teacher you will lead a classroom team in meeting the immediate needs of each child in their care. You’ll create and implement a creative and developmentally appropriate curriculum for all students. In addition, you will ensure that the teaching team is providing the highest quality care possible, and that every effort will be made to provide each child with a quality early childhood education.
This is a part time, 25 hours per week, 10 month position.
- Meet the daily needs of students by following through with planned curriculum and daily activities. Bringing a daily JOY and EXCITEMENT to the classroom Day to day classroom management.
- Our learning centers and circle time center around educational, biblical, and holiday themes to teach children basic literacy, music, math, art, and science.
- Play-learning is a vital part of our curriculum. Games, stories, creative art experiences, and dramatic play help preschoolers master new skills as they gain self-confidence. We encourage our students to be creative through words, thoughts, movement, and art.
- Experiences are planned to help children make decisions and problem solve, and special attention is given at this age to developing pre-reading skills so that students can learn in a low-pressure, supportive environment.
- Communicate daily with parents at drop off and pick up as needed.
- Daily set up/tear down/classroom preparation for activities
- Plan and implement weekly curriculum/lesson plans for the Director and share with the team and parents.
- Communicate weekly with parents via weekly emails/newsletter.
- Collaborate with the team, planning and brainstorming with Assistant Teachers, the Director and other Staff.
- Keep written observations on children. Also conduct bi-annual child evaluation (Oct by phone /Mar in person) parent teacher conferences.
- Guide Assistant Teachers in routine/tasks and communicate the planned curriculum. Encourage teamwork and adherence to all safety/health policies.
SUCCESS IS DEFINED AS...
Providing a warm, inviting space for families to feel comfortable. Quality care and education in a fun and exciting way. Reaching people for Christ through their kiddos in Preschool.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
- At least one year Lead Teacher experience (more preferred)
- Team player/Leader
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Loves children
- Joyful - has a joyful spirit that fills a room
- Honest - able to speak honestly, even when it’s difficult
- Self-Aware - aware of weaknesses, can admit when wrong
- Relational - managing relationships with families, staff and community
Education & Experience
- Early Childhood Education, Child Development or Special/Elementary Education Degree
- CPR/First Aid/Defibrillator Certification