- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
- Valor Christian College, The School of the Spirit, with a campus in Central Ohio, has exciting opportunities for committed, diligent Christians that desire to use their gifts and talents to impact the world. Valor Christian College was founded by statesman, humanitarian and New York Times bestselling author, Pastor Rod Parsley. This ministry, with its world-wide platform, is affecting every strata of society spiritually, educationally, economically and culturally through various students who leave prepared for real-life ministry and application of the anointing of God on their lives.
Successful candidates will be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintain a courteous and Christ-like attitude; and agree to adhere to the standards of moral conduct and mission, vision, and values of Valor Christian College and World Harvest Church.
Primary Job Duties:
- Assists with use of library catalog, databases, and other tools; helps locate and evaluate books, articles, and other materials for use in assignments and research;
- Assists patrons in using library equipment including audiovisual machines, photocopiers and equipment for the disabled as needed.
- Assists with library outreach as acting liaison with other college divisions as assigned.
- Participates in collection management of assigned subject areas: uses professional publications to select appropriate books and other materials for purchase; reviews existing collection to determine materials for de-selection; performs physical weeding of collection.
- Utilize professional publications to select appropriate books and other materials for purchase.
- Reviews existing collection to determine elimination and physical de-selection of materials.
- Teaches library research skills and conducts library research consultations, and/or (private sessions) as part of reference service.
- Provides reference services to students, faculty, and staff.
- Assists with formulation of research strategies.
- Enforces library policies and management of library environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master s degree in Library Science from an institution accredited by the American Library Association is required.
- Must be able to assess current operations in an effort to develop practical action programs to improve departmental functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and effective interaction with all students, personnel and guests.
- Must be able to work well with culturally diverse environments and backgrounds and handle all situations courteously with tact and diplomacy.
- Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, be flexible and innovative.
- Must be familiar with the Internet, academic databases, and other current library technologies.