- Youth / Students
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- 2-5 years
- Job Description
- Harvest Preparatory School is seeking a Substitute Teacher for a long–term assignment starting in January.
- Be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and actions toward others and develop and maintain rapport with students, parents, and staff by treating others with friendliness, dignity, and consideration.
- Demonstrate excellent teaching skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, administrative skills, problem–solving skills, and advanced knowledge of various teaching materials.
- In the absence of the regular classroom teacher to help students to learn subject matter and/or skills that are required for scheduled lessons and to provide meaningful instruction for assigned classrooms.
- Carries out a program of study prescribed in the lesson plans left by the classroom teacher and has the ability to provide meaningful learning in the absence of a lesson plan.
- Must possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Three or more years of teaching experience, and highly knowledgeable about teaching students about content and skills in the applicable subject area; performs other related duties as directed.
- Possess a valid teaching license issued by the Ohio Department of Education and a Non–Tax Teaching Certification issued by the Dept. of Education of Ohio.
- Successfully pass a BCI/FBI background check.