- Building / Facilities
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
Job SummaryThe Maintenance Technician is positioned to work closely with the Maintenance Lead in day-to-day maintenance needs of the James River Facilities, which includes basic knowledge of two or more of the following: electrical, plumbing, painting, landscaping, and irrigation.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- To follow work plans necessary to accomplish the objectives and goals for the facilities maintenance needs as agreed upon by the Maintenance and Special Events Manager.
- Responsibilities include the routine maintenance of all buildings, grounds, church owned vehicles, all related equipment, systems, and supplies
- Receives, and tracks work orders and maintains related records related to maintenance and preventative maintenance and special projects
- Special Events – Responsible to assist in event site setup and tear down and other essential functions as directed by the Maintenance
- Ability to work outside for extended amount of time in all seasons for landscaping, flower care, and snow removal.
- Work hours scheduled to be 40 hours on a regular week. Availability necessary from 6:00am to 9:00pm on any given day will be required. Schedule will be given two weeks in advance. Required to work Sundays & Wednesdays services as needed. There will be mandatory overtime during events.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and
- Working knowledge of two or more of the following: HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, General Construction, Blueprints, painting, landscaping, and Irrigation Systems
- Possess effective human relations and communications skills in order to work proactively with staff and the
- Capable of performing duties as
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to at least 2 years’ experience in building maintenance, construction, automotive repair, irrigation, and
- Availability to be on call for any weekends that would create an emergency
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co- workers, and the general
- Able to make independent decisions Issue clear and concise oral and written instructions and follow same as required.
Code of Conduct & CharacterJames River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to MinistryBy submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.