- Children's Ministry
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
Garden Volunteer Coordinator
A staff position that involves the recruitment, training, and scheduling of a volunteer team that serves in the Garden (Birth – 2 years)
- Schedule room volunteers for Sunday services assuring that each room is staffed with enough volunteers to adequately cover appropriate volunteer to child ratios in each room.
- Connect relationally with your volunteer team so that they are equipped, empowered, and cared for. This will be done on the weekend during services and throughout the week with phone calls, emails and periodic connecting events.
- Plan events to train, connect and appreciate the Garden volunteers.
- Identify and coach potential candidates through the leadership pathway.
- Manage the Garden recruitment pipeline. Walk each new recruit through the volunteer assimilation process and training, assuring that no new recruit is left behind.
- Uphold all Parkview Kids safety rules and children’s ministry values to ensure the spiritual, emotional, and physical safety of every participant and volunteer. Ensure that the team is appropriately prepared for emergency evacuations and situations.
- Ensure that each room in the Garden environment is safe, clean, welcoming, well-equipped and organized. This will include weekly room setup of curriculum, chairs/tables, and supplies.
- Oversee the ordering of any needed supplies, furniture or toys for the rooms.
- Oversee the OP Campus Garden Volunteer Team and Supply budget
- Serve on the floor for all weekend services (excluding the service that is attended) as a point person for all Garden rooms. Primary weekend responsibilities will include:
--connecting and assisting with volunteers and parents
--implementation and execution of the centrally prepared Parkview Kids curriculum
- Develop, connect and rally the Garden volunteer team through weekly huddles given by you or your coaches.
- Raise up a coach to be scheduled in the event of your absence on a weekend.
- Attend a monthly all-staff meeting
- Attend a weekly check-in meeting with the Campus Children’s Director
- Attend Parkview Kids staff meetings as determined by the Campus Children’s Director
- Assist with special events as determined by the Campus Children’s Director
- Other responsibilities as determined by the Campus Children’s Director
- A maximum of 20 hours
- A mixture of office hours/at-home and weekend hours