- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
To apply for this full time position please send cover letter and resume to HR@kensingtonchurch.org
This person is responsible to create a genuine biblical community to see every student transformed and mobilized by Jesus. In addition, this role assists parents in building community and support with other like-minded parents to create godly families across Kensington.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the Body of Christ and extend the love of God to those seeking Him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington’s values in his/her Christian life. Possess characteristics that include: humility, teachability, creativity, teamwork, and strategic agility. Must work extremely well with others.
- Competence: Undergraduate degree in related field preferred. Training in Leadership and management helpful. Proven ability to lead and develop leaders, build teams, and cast vision for a high impact church.
- Chemistry: Has an affinity with Kensington Leadership and vision.
- Character: Teachability, humility, moral/ethical integrity, the desire to grow spiritually.
- Calling: Expresses and has confirmation of a desire and call to lead in full time ministry at KCC. Affirmation of the mission, values and beliefs of Kensington.
- Requirements: Membership at Kensington Community Church.
Breakaway (Middle School) Director 60%
- Main Breakaway Teacher – Teach 3x per month
- Assist in training and developing new teachers
- Lead programming and planning for Breakaway services
- Assist ASMD to recruit, build up, and invest in Breakaway volunteers and group leaders
- Assist ASMD in planning, caring for and leading weekly leader meetings
Breakaway Ministry Coordination
- Assist Assoc Student Ministries Director (ASMD) in student processing and placement in groups
- Assist SMD in communication to parents, students and leaders
- Assist in management of Breakaway Budget
Student Ministry 30% Support (Edge and Breakaway)
- Own Planning Center scheduling & implementation
- Lead and develop worship band and Production teams and volunteers
- Collaborate on social media, developing of strategy and execution for student ministry
- Be dedicated to growth in student diversity and create opportunities for students from varying backgrounds, race and cultures to be engaged and find community
- Lead student outreach and create opportunities for students to move out into their sphere of influence/community individually and collectively
- Full participant on Orion Student Ministries (OSM) Staff team
- Attend and participate in weekly OSM meetings, bi-weekly campus meetings, and regular DRs with Student Ministries Director (SMD).
- Work to create and maintain unity and family between OSM staff.
- Assist with other OSM projects as directed by SMD.
- Campus Responsibilities
- Attend Orion Campus meetings, KC Central student meetings and KC All Staff meetings.
- As per the direction of the OSM director, join the Orion Campus team with campus wide projects, events, services as needed.
Central Student Ministry 10% Support (Edge and Breakaway)
- Participate in planning and implementation of events, retreats, camps, local outreach, etc. in collaboration with central student ministry team
- Have an active role and take responsibility to assist with central tasks