- Youth / Students
- Job Type:
- Job Description
To apply for this full time position please send teaching links, cover letter and resume to HR@kensingtonchurch.org
This person is responsible in leading the student ministry teams (Edge and Breakaway) in creating a genuine biblical community that turns students who think God is irrelevant into fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
Demonstrates the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ in accordance with the doctrine and practices of Kensington Community Church. Show a strong commitment to living out the values of Kensington in all areas of his/her life: In Christ, Under Scripture, As a Family, For the One, From Brokenness, With Openhandedness, and Through Others.
- Competence: Undergraduate degree in related field preferred. Training in Leadership and management helpful
- Compatibility: Has an affinity with Kensington Leadership and vision
- Capacity: Proven ability to lead and develop leaders, build teams, and cast vision for a high impact church
- Character: Teachability, moral/ethical integrity, the desire to grow spiritually
- Requirements: Membership at Kensington Community Church. Affirmation of the mission, vision, values and beliefs of Kensington Community Church.
- Main communicator for Edge (High School) Ministry.
- Lead weekly team meetings for Orion Edge (High School) and Breakaway (Middle School).
- Meet with direct reports.
- Attend weekly campus meeting.
- Attend weekly regional Edge and Breakaway meetings.
- Build community between Edge and Breakaway staff that encourages synergy and a lifestyle of servitude to ensure the other ministry’s success.
- Lead team leaders in creating an environment to attract middle school and high school students.
- Lead team leaders in actively seeking out students in an attempt to retain them in student ministries.
- Lead team leaders in creating a program that attracts the seeker and brings growth to the already devoted follower of Christ.
- Lead team leaders in creating and executing life-changing events, retreats, and mission trips.
- Lead staff in providing volunteer trainings.
- Lead Student Ministries staff.