- Missions & Outreach
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- 5-10 years
- Job Description
POSITION TITLE: Pastor of Missions
To lead and oversee both global and local missions at Fellowship with an emphasis on the local role, helping to inspire, encourage and equip our people to view the broken and lost in their sphere of influence with the heart of God.
- Continue to shape and lead vision, philosophy and strategy of both local and global missions at fellowship.
- Establish and lead a multisite lay missions’ advisory team to determine local and global partnerships and disbursements.
- Lead in the yearly budgeting process for both the operational and mission disbursement budget; Develop budget for local missions.
- Interact with other Fellowship ministries to help them implement a missional focus in their area of ministry.
- Ensure Fellowship body is being equipped both for local outreach and global engagement.
- Connect with Local and Global mission partners as necessary.
- Identify and communicate local ministry opportunities to the Fellowship body when needed.
- Work with our Local ministry partner and represent Fellowship in supporting, encouraging and helping their ministries.
- Aid with local missions at all campuses.
- Ongoing evaluation of effectiveness of current mission ministries.
- Keep church leadership informed about development and happenings in mission ministry.
- Oversee and coach missions’ team. Build into them both emotionally and spiritually.
- COLLABORATIVE: able to work across teams and to partner with other ministries, using the skills and gifts of others to create a better and affective final product.
- INTERPERSONAL SAVVY: relates well to all kinds of people and cultures – inside and outside the church as well as cross culturally and internationally; builds appropriate rapport, constructive and effective relations; uses diplomacy and tact.
- INTERPERSONAL SAVVY: knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and limits; seeks feedback; gains insights from mistakes; is open to criticism; isn’t defensive; is receptive to talking about shortcomings.
- Committed to Fellowship’s mission, values and beliefs.
- If not a member of Fellowship Bible Church, will commit to going through the membership process.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- College Education (required); Seminary preferred. 5 years Ministry experience.