- Missions & Outreach
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
Pastor of Missions Mobilization
Full Time, Exempt
40 hours per week - Monday through Thursday, 8-5; Saturday & Sunday while Groups are meeting.
The Pastor of Missions Mobilization, as part of the central Missions team, utilizes relationship building to facilitate missions serving teams primarily through connecting with leaders within all groups on the LP English campuses to facilitate missional mobilization among group members. A priority for the position is to develop leaders in groups who catch the missional DNA of the church and lead out in their group relative to local/national/international missions. This includes developing mission trip leaders from groups. This is accomplished primarily through creating a sustainable infrastructure for the identification, development, education, training and communication of and to group leaders regarding local, national and international mission opportunities. This individual maintains communication with group leaders to facilitate and equip where necessary missions volunteer opportunities for all LP groups. This individual will also work through the Missions leadership with our various missions partners to develop mission team opportunities for engagement while on mission trips.
This job might be for you if:
- You have a vision and ability to effectively engage and develop leaders. You will educate LP group leaders on our LP missional vision and strategies and develop leaders among leaders passionate for missions.
- You are a great communicator and have a system of tracking conversations and follow-up necessary with LP group Leaders.
- You never meet a stranger and are a good listener. As you meet with LG leaders you will listen to offer serving solutions for what best fits their group and the LP Missions playbook.
- You like to help people connect to a mission bigger than themselves by connecting people to make a difference through serve teams. You will connect members and leaders to missional serving opportunities that are local, national and international.
- You can communicate opportunities for groups to serve. Communication of opportunities is key to helping LP groups know who, what, where, why and how they can connect to serve.
- You like to track your success. It is important to develop and maintain metrics to know where members serve so we can better allocate our resources.
- You enjoy working as a team. You will collaborate with Missions team members to create synergies for LP groups serving with the local, national and international Missions team members.
- You are flexible. Job responsibilities can be fluid and at times we all step up to help the team accomplish the organizational goal and do whatever it takes.
What we are looking for in a team member:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Proven relationship building, customer service and resource management experience
- Proven team builder and leader
- Proven leadership experience
- Volunteer recruitment and training experience
- Experience creating or administering a project tracking program
- Ability to develop and manage catalytic systems
- Ability to engage and develop relationships at a high level
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Medical Benefits based on employee classification
- $20,000 term life insurance through group plan
- Access to group medical, dental, vision & life insurance products
- Paid time off based on tenure
By submitting my resume to Lakepointe Church for potential employment I acknowledge that if hired, I will be an employment-at-will employee. I will be subject to dismissal or discipline without notice or cause, at the discretion of the employer. I understand that no representative of the church, other than the Director of Human Resources, Lead Pastor, Co-Lead Pastor or Elder Board have the authority to change the terms of an at-will employment and that any change can only occur with written notification.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Lakepointe Church's employment policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, sex, age or national origin. The Church does however, reserve the right to employ persons who have a Christian background and philosophy of ministry and who, in the opinion of the Church, have a work history and lifestyle which is consistent with the Scriptural principles the church embraces. Lakepointe Church holds its employees to a Code of Conduct consistent with conduct expected of those making application for membership.
Lakepointe Church uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.