- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
CHILDREN OF THE WOODLANDS TEACHER
Children of The Woodlands Preschool is a ministry of The Woodlands Methodist Church. They are currently seeking candidates for a teacher position in a classroom for the 2021-2022 school year.
This position is responsible for providing the best possible learning environment for children. Teachers must be able to meet all state licensing requirements as well as accreditation criteria. Teachers must be committed Christians. This is a part-time position that is not benefits eligible.
- Create and maintain a classroom setting that meets preschool requirements, national accreditation expectations and state licensing criteria
- Make daily plans in keeping with the developmental philosophy of the program
- Work directly with children to meet individual needs
- Collaborate with the Director and other staff in those activities involving the whole program
- Meet licensing and school requirements for in-service training and professional growth in a timely manner
- Plan with and clarify expectations for the classroom assistant and any support staff or volunteer who may be assigned to the class
- Cooperate with others who share the classroom, including school staff and other TWMC ministries
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Each teacher should have a baccalaureate degree
- An Early Childhood Education Credential is a strong plus
- Three years of experience working with children in a classroom setting is preferred
- Teachers must be committed Christians comfortable sharing their faith with children and families
- Must meet licensing requirements; which includes fingerprinting and an extensive background check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must be able to lift and/or move items over 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Part-time/exempt; not benefits eligible, less than 29 hours/week
- Class schedule: Monday/Wednesday/Friday
Contact Maggie Poe