- Youth / Students
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- 2-5 years
- Job Description
POSITION TITLE: Preschool Ministry Pastor
The Preschool Ministry Pastor will provide leadership to the volunteers and shepherd the hearts and minds of children 0 to 4 years of age. Strong relational, leadership and shepherding skills are necessary, as well as an obvious passion for kids.
- Oversee all regular classroom activities in nursery through four-year-olds, including curriculum room setup, and weekly supplies.
- Ensure safe and secure environment for children and volunteers on Sunday mornings.
- Recruit, train, and encourage leadership team and classroom volunteers for preschool ministry areas.
- Invest in relationships with volunteers to encourage their growth as leaders and as followers of Jesus.
- Regularly communicate with volunteers to share vision, lesson plans, and needed information for Sunday mornings.
- Edit and implement curriculum strategy for preschool classrooms, based multisite curriculum plan.
- Serve on Sunday mornings as staff representative and assist in Sunday morning tasks (guest assignments, volunteer placement, and emergency situations).
- Effectively communicate the vision of Fellowship Kids to parents of the preschool ministry and provide resources to aide in family discipleship.
- Plan and assist with additional special events to reach preschool families in the community (play dates, Preschool Story Time, Summer Water Days).
- Work with the Family Ministries Events Coordinator to plan and assist with additional special events to reach families in the community.
- Assist Kids Worship Pastor with the preparation and setup of Preschool worship.
- Manage preschool attendance rosters and database as it pertains specifically to preschool ministry.
- Assist with Fellowship Kids special events and training.
- Attend weekly Fellowship Kids staff meetings and monthly all-staff meetings.
- Attend Sunday worship regularly.
- If not a member of Fellowship Bible Church, must be willing to become a member.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EDUCATION
- Required – Bachelor's degree; Preferred – Master's degree from accredited seminary
- At least 2 - 5 years' experience in children’s ministry.
- SELF-STARTING: Initiates well on their own and can work well on their own.
- INTERPERSONAL SAVVY: knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits; seeks feedback; gains insights from mistakes; is open to criticism; is not defensive; is receptive to talking about shortcomings.
- TEAM ORIENTED: Loves recruiting, building, leading, and serving on a team.
- PROBLEM SOLVER: Is willing to gather information, think through a situation and be a part of the solution.
- TASK ORIENTED: Is hardworking and is willing to check things off the list.
- A heart to serve the Lord and grow his Kingdom.
- Committed to Fellowship’s mission, values, and beliefs.
- Handle confidential information in a Christ like and professional manner.
- If not a member of Fellowship Bible Church, will commit to going through the membership process.
- Reports directly to the Fellowship Kids Pastor