- Creative / Design / Copy
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
The Prop/Set Designer oversees the production of props and set design to support the overall esthetic of film and photography shoots at Life.Church
Did you ever think God could use your talent at a church? We might not see how that’s possible, but God doesn’t work within our parameters. Your God-given skills and passion to serve Him could intersect right here, right now.
The Production Team provides creative support to bring organization, customer service, and hospitality to film & photography projects at Life.Church. We put a strong value on bringing our best because we believe excellence honors God and inspires people. Our team is looking for a Prop/Set Designer to oversee the design and creation of props and set pieces for our projects.
Do you live in a three-dimensional world? Do you get goosebumps at the thought of using your DIY and building skills to connect people to the heart of God? If so, keep reading.
Who you are:
- A skilled collaborator who’s comfortable working on a large team
- Able to communicate effectively
- Laser-precise when it comes to details with an eye for how they fit into the big picture
- Well-organized and equipped to adapt at a moment’s notice
- A gifted problem-solver who thoroughly enjoys making other people’s visions come to life
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with a team of people during brainstorm meetings to determine the theme, concept, and direction of a project
- Determine prop and set design needs for projects by building, purchasing, and/or hiring contractors to resource them as needed
- Interpret and develop prop & set design sketches and/or renderings
- Organize and maintain prop and set storage areas
For bonus points:
- You have experience with stage or film prop-making
- You have a range of different skills to create props such as painting, carpentry, sculpting, and computer-aided design.
- Can use hand and power tools
- You dive headfirst into getting your hands and feet dirty
When you join the Life.Church team, our prayer is that your family will be closer, your leadership will be sharper, your finances will be stronger, your faith will be deeper, and your heart will be larger. And while the biggest perk to working at Life.Church is doing work that makes an eternal difference, you'll find that's not the only benefit we offer:
Flexible paid time off
Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision coverage
Generous employer 401K contribution match
Casual dress code
Professional development funds
Learn more about what it’s like to work at Life.Church: www.life.church/careers. To view the expectations and responsibilities of this role, click here. This role is located at Life.Church Central Offices in Edmond, OK.