- Building / Facilities
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- High school diploma / GED
- Experience Required:
- 5-10 years
- Job Description
HOURS PER WEEK:
25 hours, includes weekends
Oversee and coordinate security procedures for Lakepointe Church. Includes recruiting, vetting, training and scheduling both paid and volunteer security and medical teams members for weekend services and various special events.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Schedule police officers for mid-week and weekend services at campuses.
- Assign officers to duty positions each week.
- Maintain time worked worksheets and provide to Finance Office monthly for all officers.
- Manage schedules for all officers, including filling spots with last minute cancelations.
- Maintain staffing signups with Police Communications Officer.
- Provide briefings to officers working at the Rockwall Campus prior to each service with any pertinent details.
- Recruit, vet, and encourage Law Enforcement Officers to work off-duty jobs for Lakepointe.
- Recruit, vet, and encouarage other medical first responders to volunteer for services at Lakepointe.
- Act as liaison between Rockwall Student Ministry staff and officers for mid-week student events.
- Recruit and enlist members of Emergency Response Teams for all campuses.
- Train Emergency Response Team members and selected high-capacity volunteers to work with team members as “extra eyes.”
- Act as liaison between Lakepointe Church and law enforcement agencies
- Ensure Emergency Response Teams are informed of emergency response protocols.
- Provide ongoing training for Campus staff and key volunteers on best practices.
- Develop Volunteer Security Team Leaders.
- Regularly test / maintain emergency equipment (AED).
Skills & Attributes:
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Open and friend demeanor, ability to make others feel welcome and at ease.
- Ability to work in a multi-task environment with frequent interruption.
- Caring demeanor with a willingness to serve and care for others.
- Customer service minded with a heart for ministry and mission of Lakepointe Church.
- Minimum High School diploma.
- 5-10 years prior work experience required.
- Prior work in law enforcement or public safety preferred.
- Certified Peace Officer, Sheriff Deputy, or years in law enforcement a plus.
By submitting my resume to Lakepointe Church for potential employment I acknowledge that if hired, I will be an employment-at-will employee. I will be subject to dismissal or discipline without notice or cause, at the discretion of the employer. I understand that no representative of the church, other than the Director of Human Resources, Lead Pastor, Co-Lead Pastor or Elder Board have the authority to change the terms of an at-will employment and that any change can only occur with written notification.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:Lakepointe Church's employment policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, sex, age or national origin. The Church does however, reserve the right to employ persons who have a Christian background and philosophy of ministry and who, in the opinion of the Church, have a work history and lifestyle which is consistent with the Scriptural principles the church embraces. Lakepointe Church holds its employees to a Code of Conduct consistent with conduct expected of those making application for membership.
Lakepointe Church uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.