- Creative / Design / Copy
- Job Type:
- Job Description
Our mission at Harvest is “Knowing God and making Him known.” As the Sr. Art Director, you will be part of managing the innovative Design team working alongside your counterparts in Marketing and partnering with your peers in Ministry. You are a designer/manager with best-in-class graphic design skills and always looking towards the future in design and storytelling. In this role, you will formulate concepts, execute and design against them for integrated campaigns across product, print, film, outdoor and digital. To deliver high-quality performance, intimate working knowledge of the ministry and audience(s) is expected.
You will bring a spiritually-minded fluency and expertise in graphic design skill sets such as creating visual concepts and storytelling, using computer software or by hand, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and engage with our audience as they unfold across all Harvest touchpoints along the “consumer” journey to both attract new audiences to the church, convert new visitors to regulars and reward our most faithful. You will help define and steer how Harvest adapts to the ever-changing modern digital landscape to meet our audience where they are and create meaningful engagement with Harvest that, in turn, points to Christ.
You can help push ideas and projects in new ways within both the digital & physical landscape. You will lead and inspire a team of designers. You are passionate about design and providing the best experience across all channels the Harvest audience may interact with. You will have control over the creative development process and be well versed in the production of it. You are detail-oriented, process-friendly, and capable of working within tight timelines on multiple projects simultaneously.
How You Will Make a DifferenceEffectively presents ideas, plans, and concepts for review and collaboration with internal cross-functional partners, admin, and external ministry stakeholders.Own integrated local and Event (Crusade) campaigns and their assets as they unfold across product, print, film, and digital platforms.Oversee the design team to develop creative concepts and executions of assigned project(s).Represent and continually push to elevate the bar of creative excellence at HarvestMentor and grow junior creatives.Partner with Marketing counterparts, reviewing and developing creative briefs to assure alignment.Present campaign concepts to senior leadership in Creative and Marketing, determining the scope of projects and delivering the desired deliverables.Remain current on industry trends and technology.Your diverse experiences and background enable you to provide a unique perspective to fuel our ministry growth. Additionally, you are inclusive and value differing points of view. You hire, develop and support a team that reflects our global audience. Read More. . .
- Manage and supervise sub-contractors and consultants on projects related to HDD.
- Build and develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time, both online and off.
- Represent Harvest in a professional and positive manner to staff and external sources.
- Assign, direct and coordinate activities of staff; review timesheets, verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments.
- Provide team with constructive feedback related to quality, procedures, and performance standards; mentor staff and on-going training.
- Physical requirements, with or without accommodation, include: prolonged periods of sitting, standing, walking, handling materials, keyboard typing, hand motion, foot motion, looking at a computer screen, and telephone communication
- A minimum of an associate (2 years) degree in advertising, communication design, or visual arts. A bachelor (4 years) degree is preferred
- 4+ years of design & management experience in an agency setting or design department is strongly preferred
- If no degree is possessed, then 6+ years of related experience in an agency setting or design department is required
- Exceptional working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to combine art and technology to communicate ideas through images and the layout of websites and printed pages
- Utilize a variety of design elements to achieve artistic or decorative effects
- Excellent comping skills
- Deep knowledge of graphic design
- Deep knowledge of typography
- Knowledge of photography a plus
- Fluency in current advertising, design, new technologies, equipment and trends expected
- Duties are not exhaustive and are subject to change at any time.
- Traveling by air