- Creative / Design / Copy
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
Job Title: Senior Graphic Designer
- Create, develop and design art for Bellevue communications
- Leade, develop and mentor Graphic Designers
- Serve as a lead Bellevue Brand Advocate (visual brand elements)
- Provide leadership and direction to graphic design tasks and workflow
- Using Adobe Creative Suite and other resources, create and edit designs
- Intentionally mentor Graphic Design team to grow skillsets, consistently innovate, effectively design to brand, and create efficiencies
- Conduct 1:1s, check-ins, and annual reviews with assigned team
- Manage team’s use of file preparation, labeling and storage
- Collaborate with Bellevue Ministries and Departments as needed
- Work with 3rd party vendors as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Co-Workers of this position:
Will work directly with all members of the media department staff daily, and frequently interact with other staff members church-wide.
Average 5 days and 40 hours a week. Generally, Monday–Friday, however flexibility will be required during peak seasons, special events, etc.
Career Growth Opportunities:
The opportunity exists to take on greater leadership.
May work with mechanical, printing, and cutting equipment. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Work Environment Situations:
Fast paced, high expectations and deadline driven.
Bachelor’s degree in Design, Art, and /or Communications or equivalent degree and/or 5-7 years of experience in a related field. Supervisory experience is a plus.
Specific Experience Required:
- Experience in all aspects of graphic design, including concept design.
- Experience in application of graphic design (print, social, website, physical installations, signage, etc.)
- Experience in brand development and management.
- Experience training and developing graphic designers.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
Specific Skills Required:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of the design and production process
- Ability to communicate high-level concepts in a concise manner
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to each and mentor
- Ability to proof quickly
- Works well with others and able to collaborate effectively
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Mostly standard control room conditions (70 degrees). Work can involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.