- Creative / Design / Copy
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
Willow Creek's Marketing and Communications Core Team helps carry the mission, vision, and values of Willow into our church and community. By equipping ministries and campuses as effective brand ambassadors and creating engaging and inspiring content, we remove barriers so that people can experience the love of God and take next steps in their faith journey.
As the Social Media Manager you will oversee the social strategy for Willow Creek as a whole and its individual campuses with a primary focus on growing the reach of Willow and its engagement within its digital communities. In addition, you will help implement the visual brand of Willow through our social channels and convey how God is moving in our campuses and ministries. In collaboration, you’ll work with the Marcom Core Team and campus communications staff to develop social media strategy and ensure alignment across ministries and campuses.
- Direct current social media platforms with a predominant focus and expertise on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, YouTube and knowledge of other social media platforms, including newer platforms like TikTok
- Define comprehensive social media strategies to increase visibility, engagement, acquisition, membership and traffic to on/offline destinations.
- Monitor trends in social media, identify tools and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to create successful social media campaigns.
- Track campaign performance to evaluate possible need for adjustments, provide weekly reports with actionable optimization recommendations.
- Manage the preparation and delivery of social presentations
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content and report to appropriate parties.
- Daily manage and oversee the social marketing team; inspire staff to master current technologies while learning up-and-coming technologies and social outlets.
- Provide guidance, counsel and mentorship to team members
- Execute social media strategies along with team members
SUCCESS IS DEFINED AS....
Skillfully bring collaboration and alignment to Willow’s social media channels across ministries and campuses as well as growing the reach of Willow Creek to convey how God is moving in our ministries and communities.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Familiar with Adobe Suite, Video editing software, Social Media and Project Management software, google analytics, etc..
- Ability to manage multiple campaigns, tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Skilled in both oral and written communication, with experience public speaking
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Spiritually mature
- High EQ
- Strong communication skills
- Self Motivated
- Highly Adaptable
- Highly collaborative
Education & Experience
- Experience leading social media for an organization
- Bachelor's Degree preferred