- Creative / Design / Copy
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
Social Media Video Editor/Videographer
Full Time, Exempt
40 hours per week, Monday through Thursday, weekends
Produce all social media video content for Lakepointe Church & Lakepointe en Español, which includes pre-production, filming, editing, and contextualizing digital content to diverse social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube).
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Produce short form, subtitled Instagram reels, stories, and other video content for Lakepointe Church and Lakepointe en Español’s social media platforms from sermon material and other provided video content with the purpose of strategically growing Lakepointe’s social media platforms and increase its reach and engagement.
- Film and edit weekly Church Online host moment segments for broadcasted services.
- Produce creative social media video concepts to promote upcoming events, weekend services, event recaps, and other church initiatives.
- Work with Church Online and Social Media team to curate, edit, export, and deliver any high-quality video clips for Church Online and Social Media across all social media platforms.
- Attend weekend services to capture timely videos for social media promotional purposes when necessary.
- Maintain a digital media file archive system.
- Support other Church Online and Social Media team needs.
Skills & Attributes:
- Self-starter with the ability to contextualize digital content for each social media platform.
- Ability to identify “gold nugget” excerpts from weekly video sermons.
- Proven knowledge of social media diverse contexts and uses (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, TikTok, etc.).
- Proficient in: Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects.
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills.
- Preferred: Proficient in Spanish and in the ability to create Spanish video subtitles with great attention to grammar.
- Demonstrated ability to increase social media platform size and engagement via video creation.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively express an organization’s vision through social media.
- Ability to grasp future creative trends and implement accordingly into projects.
- DSLR experience.
- Ability to teach and train video volunteers when necessary.
- Ability to work with a team guided by biblical and cultural values.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant Social or Video creation and editing experience.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with Adobe CS software.
- Medical Benefits based on employee classification
- $20,000 term life insurance through group plan
- Access to group medical, dental, vision & life insurance products
- Paid time off based on tenure
By submitting my resume to Lakepointe Church for potential employment I acknowledge that if hired, I will be an employment-at-will employee. I will be subject to dismissal or discipline without notice or cause, at the discretion of the employer. I understand that no representative of the church, other than the Director of Human Resources, Lead Pastor, Co-Lead Pastor or Elder Board have the authority to change the terms of an at-will employment and that any change can only occur with written notification.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:Lakepointe Church's employment policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, sex, age or national origin. The Church does however, reserve the right to employ persons who have a Christian background and philosophy of ministry and who, in the opinion of the Church, have a work history and lifestyle which is consistent with the Scriptural principles the church embraces. Lakepointe Church holds its employees to a Code of Conduct consistent with conduct expected of those making application for membership.
Lakepointe Church uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.