- Business / Office / Administration
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
Job SummaryThe Administrative Assistant will serve as a member of the administrative staff and assist in various duties as assigned. Assist with the logistical, communication, and planning needs.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist with office communication.
- Prepare materials needed for Sunday and Wednesday services including praise cards, talking points, and other related information as it is requested.
- Prepare and print message handouts for staff chapel, leadership retreat, etc.
- Prepare and organize the office each day, making sure area is clean and organized for meetings.
- Gather and prepare information for the morning update that includes emails that require a response, meeting requests, and other outstanding requests.
- Manage receipts, Nexonia approvals, and Intaact approvals and ensure they are turned in on time.
- Compose letters and emails when requested and assure all correspondence is mailed in a timely manner.
- All general office duties (correspondence, phone calling, computer tasks, scheduling appointments, mail, email, ordering of supplies
- Two (2) years of secretarial and general clerical experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Prefer prior experience as a copy editor.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques and office equipment, as well as English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Prefer the applicant have experience using the following programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Decision making and problem solving abilities.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, ability to multi-task and handle frequent interruptions.
- Ability to perform secretarial and clerical duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, civic organizations, business professionals and the general public.
Code of Conduct & CharacterJames River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to MinistryBy submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.