- Discipleship & Groups
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
Job SummaryThe Elementary Large Group Coordinator is positioned to provide direction and execute weekly large group experiences for Wednesday’s and Sunday’s, including but not limited to physical set-up, recruiting, rostering, and communicating with the team. Ongoing development of large group team.
Essential Responsibilities & DutiesLarge Group Ministry – All pertains to both Sunday and Wednesday Large Group Experiences
- Ensure all set-up for large groups including props, back-stage prep, and audio/video set up
- Ensure accurate media set-up is complete in a timely manner
- Communicate with production volunteers
- Roster chapel teams and customize scripts and OOS for those individual teams/venues.
- Communicate all details to hosting teams for Sunday AM and Wednesday PM in a timely manner
- Gather all necessary supplies needed as indicated in all Sunday/Wednesday Scripts.
- Maintain the chapels including tech equipment and overall order of chapel/stages/backstage/storage
- Prior to services beginning, ensure that all large group venues are functioning properly, meet with Sunday morning teams, and provide ongoing leadership/feedback to these teams
- Recruit, Train, and Place new volunteer leaders in large group hosting positions
- Teach and lead on stage per direction of Elementary Director
- Must exhibit good organizational and management skills
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity and punctuality
- Attitude of hospitality and excellence in all you do, whether dealing with supervising personnel, co-workers or visiting churches
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and equipment
- Correct usage of grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Must be a “team player” in all relationships within the office and church as a whole
- Exhibit confidentiality and discretion when dealing with all ministry matters
- Must be able to deal with emergencies and security issues in a calm and confidential way
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to operate un-supervised, must be self-motivated
Code of Conduct & CharacterJames River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to MinistryBy submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.